It will make the car lighter.

nzmax, Apr 29, 11:32am
But just don't get it near one :)

snoopy221, Apr 29, 12:49pm
Bra Tiz Da shizz Gots Da NITRO

snoopy221, Apr 29, 12:51pm
**Adjusts Halo**-Azzz Yaaaz Do- lol

kiwikid2005, Apr 29, 1:04pm
If I can add an off topic observation about the car. from what I can make out in photo 8 of 8 . the Ford badge can be moved and a key inserted to unlock the bonnet? I take it that that's an aftermarket addition since it's an ex regional council vehicle?. pretty cool anyway. I can honestly say I've never seen that before!

snoopy221, Apr 29, 1:24pm
. pretty cool anyway. I can honestly say I've never seen that before!

kiwikid2005 (191 191 positive feedback) 1:04 am, Wed 29 Apr #8
Damn well spotted

tamarillo, Apr 29, 3:21pm
But why? Maybe on different key so staff can't open it and muck around with wrong fluids?

pozzie-nz, Apr 29, 5:12pm
Nope standard ford thing, a bit of a pain at times makes it hard to check the engine once you start the car then go to pop the bonnet.

noswalg, Apr 29, 8:11pm
yep, pain in the arse, would be ok if there was also an internal lever but there isn't. Stupid idea!

gammelvind, Apr 29, 10:50pm
With you on that, funny noise in engine bay, turn off open bonnet, restart no bloody noise. Comes back 100 meters down the road from garage, turn round, repeat performance. -

tmenz, Feb 19, 10:06pm
I had that on my Mk II Cortina!
The bonnet latch was, externally, a button emblem in the top centre of the grille which was part of a quadrant style lever that operated the main latch.
It was free game to anyone that wanted to open the bonnet, so I bought a genuine FoMoCo accessory that replaced the lever assembly - the button had a standard barrel lock fitted into it that turned a baulk lever around to butt up against the frame and stop the button from being pushable! The key entry was covered and hidden by a rotating front on the button.