Rubbing tyres

ebh, Aug 5, 10:03am
I have put some 20" rims on my ford courier. The ute is set a factory height and the tyres on at the moment are 275/45/20. And they rub when the steering lock is right down. What can be done to fix the problem?
Cheers

nightboss, Aug 5, 10:09am
Problem is the nut behind the wheel.

tamarillo, Aug 5, 10:12am
Take the oversized wheels off. It wasn't designed for them and they're too big, or have wrong offset, or both.
If you can find someone using 20 inch rims on one find what offset they are to work. It might be that no 20 inch works though.

2sheddies, Aug 5, 10:13am
Put the original wheels back on.

Or alternatively you might have to try narrower ones on the front? Say 235 or 245 if you can and see if that works. Keep the other two 275's as spares for the back.

But putting the originals back is the best plan as Tamarillo said.

franc123, Aug 5, 10:15am
Nothing, putting sensible size wheels and tyres back on is the only solution its not going to pass wof anyway. There is only very restricted adjustment in the lock stops in those things.

pico42, Aug 5, 7:33pm
Have a look to see what they are rubbing on and figure out a way to move or remove that part.

Sounds simple, eh?

kazbanz, Aug 5, 8:12pm
find out where they are rubbing. fit narrower tyres or smaller wheels then you find that part can't be moved.

lookoutas, Aug 6, 7:38am
The crystal ball is malfunctioning, so you are the only one who can solve this - by having a looksee to find out what is rubbing on what & where.
I'm guessing it's rubbing on the chassis rail, or part of the guard/inner guard liner.

What year?

purple666, Nov 11, 6:25pm
Turn the stereo up LOUD.