NISSAN NOTE

swm00, Sep 15, 7:24am
I'm looking a purchasing a 2014 model. Can you let me know your likes/dislikes for this car. Thanks

kazbanz, Sep 15, 8:55pm
No mechanical issues. being 2014 Im guessing NZ new.Neat little car

tamarillo, Sep 15, 9:36pm
Did any notes ever sell NZ new? Thought import only.
Depends on what life you expect from it. For low use keeping miles down its fine I guess. If you want it as a keeper to clock up the miles I'd check more carefully on whether the cvt box is a genuine improvement on earlier ones.
Personally I'd prefer an NZ new car if you're buying 1 year old.

peja, Sep 15, 9:46pm
I think the mechanicals are the same as the Nissan Cube. An organisation I do work for has two of these, and they have been excellent little cars, the first one is still going strong at well over 200,000 kms. Both run up large mileages over a mix of good and bad roads, and Garth is extremely impressed, wants to get another one

rpvr, Sep 17, 1:52am
Thank goodness they've got rid of that bizarre rear light style from the earlier models.

westwyn, Sep 17, 10:33am
The Note was never sold new in NZ.

Furthermore, OP, if you're looking at a 2014 model, you're considering the "new" E12 model, which bears little resemblance in drivetrain to the "earlier" E11 which most Kiwis know.

The E12 has a slightly more unusual configuration- along with quite a bit of the new Nissan offerings, it has a 3-cylinder HR12DE engine (instead of the 4-cylinder 1.5-litre in the old model) which produces a rather pedestrian 59kW, although you can get a higher-spec version with the HR12DDR engine- it is supercharged, producing 72kW.

All have the newest generation CVT transmission.

The model is simply to new to NZ to have any opinion about "issues" and if the Japanese experience is to go by, they have sold very well- Note is consistently among to top-selling 5-7 models in Japan- which in itself is an achievement since there isn't a Hybrid version available- yet.

Go for it- but be aware:
-Early adopter- there are few parts available here for them yet if you have a minor bingle and need bits
-If you get the non-supercharged model, be prepared to be underwhelmed
-Should now have ESC or ESP as standard- I'm pretty sure the E12 Note has it across the board.

Good luck!

swm00, Jun 14, 5:19pm
Thanks all for the helpful comments.