Drivers window not aligned.

urbanrefugee54, Dec 22, 3:26am
I've just put another regulator into the Nissan, but it's not tracking right when it gets to the top - top back is almost coming out of the track. could it be the actual track [I had to undo the bottom of the front track to get the window up] - or have I got the regulator wrong - there seems to be movement to the side small amount.

kazbanz, Dec 22, 3:31am
Think it through. Was the window tracking before the reg died?
If yes then likely the track is positioned wrong.

holdensorfords, Dec 22, 3:35am
Unbolt the front track & do it up when window is closed or almost closed. That should do it

urbanrefugee54, Dec 22, 3:36am
no it wasn't. I had to make sure it stayed in the back track if it was windy while driving. to get it right - do I put the window down?

intrade, Dec 22, 3:43am
turn on your brain and make a drawing how it works to figure out what goes wrong. my guess is you have a unsecure track hidden screw missing or something somewhere.

urbanrefugee54, Dec 22, 4:20am
did a combination of the 2x regulator bolts & bottom of front track, at several heights. seems ok - thank you.

next on the list of 'to fix' is the central locking isn't working & I have to replace the drivers door hinges. & no it hasn't failed a warrant

kazbanz, Dec 22, 5:00am
before you walk away from that job I'd suggest you clean then lube the tracks.-they will have 20 years of accumulated spooge

urbanrefugee54, May 17, 9:35am
have already put silicone in them. but will be pulling the door apart during the xmas break anyway - to try to find out why the central locking isn't working.