Kazbanz re Nissan Presage

valentino, Mar 11, 8:59pm
You noted some time ago about a guy in Henderson who can place whatever onto the Presage and find out exactly the fault within, the icon on the dash (looks like a motor) keeps coming up, and now and then the engine will stop having to be restarted to go again.

Can you re-paste that person, Cheers and thank you.

valentino, Mar 11, 11:28pm
Thank you T. Bolt.

kazbanz, Mar 12, 6:03am
sorry valentino BUsy day-Henderson Valley automotive.
I'd say you need to give the throttle body a clean out

valentino, Mar 12, 11:11pm
Re this Throttle Body Clean.
Looked into this via Bing and Google etc and you tube, interesting.

That icon on the dash - can it be related to this and yes it makes sense if it does.

I do know if say the coil will stop and stay stop until cool enough to go again but what is happening is that while mobile at normal speed plus, you can feel a slight cut then a few seconds later it is going again and if on the motorway and caught in that heavy stop starting traffic plus road works that the motor stops, all lights are on - on the dash, into Neutral smartly to keep rolling a little and restart via ignition to go again which most times takes about 15 seconds, couple of times about 30 seconds thereabouts. If it was the coil (in the old days would die and needs to be replaced) then wouldn't be harder or take longer to restart if it restarts.

I do need to have someone to look at I as I personally not up to speed nowadays, too old and fragile sort-of-thing.

Cheers and thank you.

kazbanz, Mar 13, 2:30am
Take it to HVA as I suggested, They have a fair bit of experience wiith the Presage. Im still betting throttle body. but they will sort it for you