Youi insurance.

motorboy2011, Sep 26, 12:08am
Has anyone found them cheaper than the insurance companies that "don't want to get to know you"? They seem to spend a huge amount on advertising.

ladyluck110, Sep 26, 12:11am
Use the search bar on the left hand side, heaps of threads about them, stay away from them

andy61, Sep 26, 12:13am
I found them cheaper for my Honda Accord, but not for our Jazz or Terrano.Then 12 months later my bank gave us a quote which was cheaper again for all our cars. Our Jazz was insured with AMI for $565, now thru ASB $387. Pays to shop around.

socram, Sep 26, 1:44am
Having been a long time customer of Classic Cover, now with 5 vehicles and a trailer, 3 on limited mileage, one on off road cover, one daily driver.

Not sure that my current payment is particularly good value (through Vero), but having said that, the 2 claims that I have had over the last 15 years or so have been speedily dealt with, with no hassles.

elect70, Sep 26, 2:40am
^^ Me too im waiting to see what my latest premium is in Nov they increase it every year even though no claims . Thats the trouble when a small insure gets swallowed up by the bigger company , paying for there losses /claims on big claims like Ch Ch Eq

tamarillo, Sep 26, 3:24am
I side with socram and try to stay with insurer who treats me well over time. I did change my bike only because the premium went too high and too much more than elsewhere. But otherwise everything is with tower who have been excellent with three house claims.

littleh4, Oct 17, 9:51pm
CAUTION! Cheaper- but all I wanted was a quote?!
Went online to get a quote, next minute, being called by a sales rep. Over an hour later, he's sending me a quote for both contents (offered a great deal) and my car. Thought it would be a good idea because as a 21yo, most people my age aren't professional drivers. and thought they may take that into account. Admittedly, they matched or beat my current providers by 50-100 bucks. I made it clear that I was only in the early stages of buying a new car, and probably wouldn't be buying for a few months, and hence, didn't need the insurance in that time. Was asked for my credit card details so that they could send the quote in writing, and hold the good price for a month. After some reassurance that I wouldn't be charged anything until I was signed up and ready, I gave the details (REGRET!).

HOWEVER, when I got my emails which I thought were quotes, they were "welcome to your new policy" documents, with notification that I would be charged in a month.

So key lessons here, deceitful, pushy, sneaky, smooth talkers, not necessarily cheaper, don't give out your payment details!

Had to cancel immediately after reading other forums here, plus the sneaky behaviour.

tigra, Oct 18, 1:05am
Have you noticed that Youi is now using overseas filmed adverts? Seems the "assumptions" ads didnt attract enough customers.

tigra, Oct 18, 1:07am
Infact with the exception of one Asian import almost everybody is using overseas made ads.

franc123, Oct 18, 1:13am
Bugger all point advertising anything if your modus operandi rubs everybody up the wrong way. They obviously don't read their own online reviews.

snapperheadrkp, Oct 18, 3:50am
This South African (correct me if wrong) Insurance company has done 3 different quotes for me in the past 12 month. Prices were not within cooee of my current NZ provider. They appear to spend a lot on advertising and may be looking for a certain segment of the market, but not for me thanks.

supernova2, Jan 24, 2:29am
As far as I could see they do make assumptions. They assume that the average NZer wont read the policy and certainly will never expect them to pay out in the event of a claim.
Their ads probably breech the Crimes Act as fraudulent.