Quality sockets vs cheap or something else

Page 2 / 2
franc123, Feb 7, 6:31am
No neither have I. You'd be in the territory of the studs shearing off before there was any measurable runout at the rotors edge, if it ever happened at all.

sr2, Feb 7, 8:32am
MR2's are great. How the worlds most bland auto manufacturer (Supra's and the odd Altezza aside) managed to have an "out of the square" moment and use the common as muck 'rolla mechanicals in a mid engine'd coupe still has me bamboozled; bottom line is they rock!

At a guess I suspect most MR2 rotor distortion issues can be attributed to the "spirited driving" or "red mist" syndrome that afflicts most petrol heads when they get the chance to point a well set up MR2 at a series of tight challenging corners! (Corolla's were never intended to be a performance car).

supernova2, Feb 7, 8:33am
I think it 'could' be possible with a flat disk as opposed to the top hat type

sr2, Feb 7, 9:42am
Yes you have a very valid point there, (I'm presuming you're talking about earlier rotors that were an integral part of the hub casting).
The majority of earlier generation combined disc/hub assemblies (i.e. early Holden / Falcon, Lockheed, Girling, Girlock, etc.) were substantial cast iron castings. Surely the level of non-symmetrical loading required to produce even discernible rotor distortion wold have caused catastrophic bearing failure long before any complaints about wobbly brakes?

paulybboy, Jun 30, 3:55pm
tire shops always have there psi on there compressors set to high,