Aa insurance or ami

mycool87, Aug 12, 7:08am
I'm currently with aa for car insurance. I was doing a comparison, was curious. My cars a 2014 vw golf highline. AMI is $34 cheaper a month, well on the online quote. Just rung aa and they said I am already receiving the no claims bonus. Would having the car on finance affect the premium?
When I had my previous car the value was allot less and about $90 per month. I'm paying $118 per month now. Comprehensive package, windscreen replacement, rental cover

brapbrap8, Aug 12, 7:11am
I would say your premium with AA is quite high, the price AMI gave you sounds about right assuming you are over 25?

mycool87, Aug 12, 7:14am
when i got told that the no claims bonus is already applied at 60% I was thinking geez what's the premium without

stevo2, Aug 12, 7:47am
mycool87, I dont know what age group you are in but I have 1 car (2015 S-Cross Ltd $32k) with AMI at around $480, A 2013 iLoad van ($40k) with AA at around $600 and an old Mx5 with AA at around $350. Your premiums at aroun $1200 seem high to me.

mycool87, Aug 12, 7:59am
i asked them as i've got the bank listed down as an interested party would that increase the premium. they said that would have some affect on it, but wouldnt tell me how much

comadi, Aug 12, 9:13am
AMI all day every day !

clark20, Aug 12, 9:14am
Bugger, I am paying about $80 a month for a new $75,000 Commodore with AMI

mycool87, Aug 12, 9:32am
now I'm seriously going to look at changing. Monthly payment is on 15th.

bryshaw, Aug 12, 10:42am
Now IAG everyday.

dinx, Aug 12, 12:40pm
Not Vero lol at least. Took them 3 weeks to even decide if relatives car would be repaired or written off, while they were told the lived in an provincial area with no public transport, no rental vehicles and no grocery delivery either. And work is a 60km round trip each day, pathetic.

But old school relative wouldn't chase they because was convinced they would see them right and look after them because thats what insurance is for, yeah right.

marte, Aug 12, 12:46pm
Depends. If you get insurance at AMI and not the AA.

You can be assured that your next drivers license photo will make you look like crap.

tjholding, Aug 12, 8:21pm
I'll caution you about buying solely on price - other factors are important like covers (some policies include glass cover under the base cover, some charge an extra premium; you might also have road side rescue or something like that?).

tjholding, Aug 12, 8:21pm
They have special cameras that make them all look like crap anyway!

elect70, Aug 13, 3:31am
AMI were good but since being taken over by AIG word is they are tough on claims . AIG also owns State & NZI so wont get better from them .

underconstructy, Aug 13, 3:54am
60% more id guess.

dinx, Aug 13, 5:38am
Only a poor workman blames his tools. Nothing wrong with the machines at all accordin to someone in photographic industry, its how they use them that is the problem.

carclan, Aug 13, 7:23am
Ive been with AMI twenty years and am quite happy with them, talk with people in branches or on the telephone, have not been tempted to leave with better deals.

joanie04, Oct 14, 10:29am
We've been with AMI for quite a number of years. When I upgraded to a better car and joined the AA I thought I'd get a quote from them for all our cover. A lot more expensive, higher excesses so just stayed with AMI. Have had two contents claims, two vehicle claims (one a write off) and one glass claim for the house. No issues and payment received reasonably promptly.