2003 Corolla Clutch Reservoir

hazelthecat, Dec 30, 2:09am
The clutch is definitely hydraulic so where is it?

franc123, Dec 30, 3:22am
Its probably fed by the brake reservoir, look for an extra line running from the tank down across to the clutch master cylinder. Why does it need attention?

hazelthecat, Dec 30, 5:22am
The clutch seems to engage closer to the floor than I remember so I thought it might need bleeding. Occasionally there is difficulty in engaging gears. Not graunching but more resistance in pushing the gearshift. Maybe I am being super sensitive. I'll keep monitoring. The car has only 93k on the clock.
Thank you for your input.

phillip.weston, Apr 15, 10:32am
If you pump the clutch pedal a few times in quick succession does it improve the engagement point? If not you can simply just adjust the clutch master cylinder rod - I just did the same on my RAV4. You need a 14mm spanner to undo the clutch pedal return stop and wind it out quite a bit, then a 12mm spanner to undo the locking nut on the rod (use a torch and mirror to see it), then remove return spring, cotter pin and pivot pin then pull the pedal away from the firewall and turn the part on the end of the rod (I think counter-clockwise, you'll soon find out if it binds again on the locking nut or distances itself from the locking nut) say half a dozen turns and then put the pedal pin back through and re-attach and test - repeat if more adjustment is needed otherwise if OK then do up the locking nut, cotter pin and then re-set the return stop and re-attach return spring.