BMW 330i M FactoryRadio

toysky, Jun 3, 3:58am
I love my car just had a great trip Chch to Nelson,and back. Up Lewis, and back thru Kiakoura BUT hate it's Radio. Reception is bad. That's a nice way of putting it. What can I do to improve this? Anything?

Cheers

tamarillo, Jun 3, 4:03am
Lovely car. Assume it is jap import. In which case nothing. The band width is not same as here so it might have a band expander on but they don't work well and reception drops off badly. You can tell by whether it gets national radio on fm. If it does it has a band expander in as without a jap unit can't get that far up dial. Having said that there is no proper reception out of South Island City anyway. I can't use radio between nelson and Christchurch even with really good NZ new units.
You've either got to replace it with NZ head unit or add some way of adding auxiliary input for iPod or phone. A NZ head unit gives much better reception.
If it has an expander put in badly it might get better letting a professional put a better one in and making sure it's got a booster in their wired up.

pandai, Aug 4, 7:38pm