Mazda 6 / mazda atenza

hondalova, Jul 3, 10:11am
hi guys, is there any faults i should look for in a mazda 6 or mazda atenza?

tamarillo, Jul 4, 3:32am
Drive both before decide, some import ones seem to have very odd suspension settings that I found completely unsuitable.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 4, 4:17am
They are sadly not built like the brilliant Mazda's of old, and suffer from some pretty inexcusable faults, notably serious rust (often in hidden places). Rust has been unheard of in decent vehicles for well over 20 years now.

Not end of the world if you buy one, there are worse cars out there, but they are pretty over hyped in my opinion. If you get one, get it up on a hoist and thoroughly inspected by a decent mechanic (definitely NOT the AA or VTNZ). Pick a really top one and don't pay too much. I would go NZ new if at all possible.

Also, serious auto trans problems are appearing more often than I would be comfortable with from what I have seen.

jmma, Jul 4, 6:01am
Just insert Mazda or Nissan as required (o:

vtecintegra, Jul 4, 7:24am
Or Toyota or Honda .

franc123, Jul 4, 7:47am
Equivalent year Mondeos often represent better buying than Atenzas, ok the spec tends to be a little more basic model for model but the reality is the Mazdas aren't mechanically any better, don't handle any better and in some ways the Ford is a simpler and more robust design. Its always amusing that those who turn their nose up at the Ford and happily hand over a few k more for a Mazda have clearly not looked under the bonnet of both vehicles.

cagivachick1, Mar 26, 6:04pm
mostly with VW badge on the front