4WD that seats 6 people?

nicwil, Sep 29, 8:57pm
Any recommendations? Will mostly be for 2 adults and one child in a carseat but we want to be able to seat another 3 adults if we all go somewhere together. Currently have a 1996 Toyota Landcruiser VX and we love having a 4WD that tows well, can take lots of gear for camping, 2 kayaks on top, and if we head to the beach we can drive off road and throw 2 dogs in the back. TIA

pestri, Sep 29, 9:04pm
Mitsubishi Outlander 7 seater? Nissan Pathfinder 7 seater? But I doubt whether either will be in the same league as the Landcruiser.

We have just bought a M Outlander, find it great room wise, a good drive with really good economy (2.4L petrol) but is a soft roader not an off roader, and may have limited towing capacity compared with the LC.

Its a bit hard I would think going from a LC to anything edlse. a bit of an anti climax maybe.

poppy62, Sep 29, 9:15pm
Mercedes ML

nicwil, Sep 29, 10:04pm
Thanks! The most off road we would be doing is likely the beach - we love our Landcruiser but if we are planning outings together with extended family it just seems a bit silly taking 2 vehicles.

What's the Outlander like for city driving?

pestri, Sep 29, 10:22pm
Its ok, turning circle is actually better than our prev 1800cc hatchback , fuel consumption is remarkably good , < 9L/ 100 city, < 7L/100 highway and the reversing camera allows very accurate parking. And new price is much more friendly than most other brands. But I must stress this is for the 2015 version. I don't believe the earlier models are as good.

tamarillo, Sep 29, 10:23pm
Volvo XC70 , high enough ground clearance for purpose, 4wd, big interior and most have option of another set of seats folding out of boot for kids.
Like an oversize Subaru Outback with extra set seats. Then there's the safety features.

Unsure what your spend is though?

msigg, Sep 30, 12:20am
Prado 4x 4 is and 8 seater, same family as your landcruiser.

brapbrap8, Sep 30, 12:31am
The only thing is that for the Prado, Outlander etc the 3rd row seats are not really adult sized.
You will have to go to dealers to see for yourself, but if you are looking to put adults or car seats in the 3rd row you will need a bigger vehicle.
Couldn't fit any luggage or dogs in the boot of a Prado with the 3rd row of seats in anyway.
You would probably find you need another later model Landcruiser, Nissan Patrol or maybe Volvo XC90 for what you want, and the Landcruiser and Patrol are lots of $$$$$

kyokei, Sep 30, 1:18am
The 3rd row seats will sit you comfortably if you are less than 175cm. I'm only 167cm and still plenty of room to move around in my seat. But yes, you get bugger all boot space when 3rd row seats are up.

clark20, Apr 11, 9:28am
Previa V6 4WD are available, 7 seater