Nissan td 27 twin cab 1996

ironhorseguy, Sep 1, 7:08am
does anybody know if the gearbox from yd 25 will fit into this ute ,if I change the gearbox bell housing , looks like the cartridge /tail shaft look the same just the bell housing looks different , cheers

ironhorseguy, Sep 1, 7:09am
ironhorseguy]does anybody know if the gearbox from yd 25 will fit into this ute ,if I change the gearbox bell housing , looks like the cartridge /tail shaft look the same just the bell housing looks different , cheers[/quote]

mram, Sep 1, 7:28am
You should be able to if they are the same size, most nissan navara/terrano used the FS5w71c behind the td27, but I thought the yd25 used the bigger and stronger FS5r30a due to more power output.

frytime, Sep 1, 7:52am
Don't nissan box's have the bell housing as part of the front half of gear box itself?

goron56, Sep 1, 8:01am
TD27 engine block is the same Qd30. 32. not the same as YD25. my Terrano has a gearbox out of a 99 navara,Qd engine,,much bigger and stronger box and it fitted in easy

goron56, Sep 1, 8:06am
The box is 1 inch longer so i shortened the drive shaft an inch and had to slot the crossmember bolt holes,,that was 3 years ago,reverse gear is a bit higher(ratio),very pleased with the result.

mram, Sep 1, 9:08am
Op realises this frytime, Yes bellhousing is part of the front part of the box and can be swapped over if you are confident with pulling gearboxs down, Goron56, you would have made the swap from the smaller weaker 71c box to the 30a 'big box' internally the same as 300zx and 2.5 turbo skyline, etc. They have to be the same type, front housing from smaller box cannot be used on big box etc

goron56, Aug 10, 7:18pm
Yes mram did the 71c box up once(input shaft bearing failure)then 2 years later same rumble developed again so i found a 99 navara box on here and the rest is history. changed the the oil in the 71c box every 6 months and never towed in 5th gear but it still crapped out,seems to be pretty good now.