Tinted headlight covers

berg, Dec 29, 6:39pm
Starting to see a lot of vehicles out there with tinted headlight covers and I believe they are bloody dangerous. Most also cover the front indicators which, especially when the sun is shining on the black covers, makes the indicators nigh on impossible to see. They are not legal as they obscure a required light. Hopefully nobody here got a set for Xmas

survivalkiwi, Dec 29, 6:58pm
Funny you should bring this up. Yesterday I waited at a give way for a car to go past who turned at the last miniute. It was only when he go very close to me that I saw he did have his indicater on. No point in having indicaters if no one can see them.

marmar1, Dec 29, 7:03pm
Has anyone else noticed on some new cars that the indicators hard to see in the daylight?

rodeorunch, Dec 29, 7:34pm
Yeah I know what you mean about the indicators on some cars on a sunny
Day are hard to see
Those head light covers must cut out a lot of light at night times

tub4, Dec 29, 7:46pm
If these tinted headlight covers are illegal why are they not being removed by the police? After all it's not like they don't stand out.

franc123, Dec 29, 9:09pm
Those vehicles with orange indicator bulbs (as opposed to lenses) can certainly be hard to see in certain light conditions once fade out of the orange coating has happened, of course replacing them is common sense when this happens but it never happens on the front until the bulbs blow and fade out on the front bulbs to white isn't illegal either. Rears are a different story, they have to be substantially orange or they're wof failable. Tinted headlight covers, well unless the are obscuring a mandatory lamp when it needs to be used there's not much that can be done about them. Anything that is obscuring an indicator should be being ticketed, but is this happening? Seems unlikely unless there's other more prominent 'pinkie' type stuff wrong with a car.

gazzat22, Dec 29, 9:56pm
I havent seen any with tinted covers but a lot of them have "yellowed"polycarbon-
ate covers.

berg, Dec 29, 10:46pm
They are here in Wgtn. Written warning the firt time and tickets if you ignore the warning

tub4, Dec 29, 11:44pm
I wonder why the Police just don't remove them and throw them away

harm_less, Dec 30, 12:03am
Summary justice. Do you really want to go down that road?

gazzat22, Dec 30, 12:11am
What is the point of having tinted headight covers.I had them on my car years ago 1991 nz new Corona- but were,clear plastic but head lights were glass and very expensive.

richardmayes, Dec 30, 4:17am
It's in your own interest (1) to have your headlights lighting up the road ahead of you as brightly as possible, and (2) to have your indicator lights as clearly visible to everyone else on the road as possible.

In my humble opinion you would have to be a special hybrid of a muppet and a retard to compromise these ESSENTIAL life safety functions, just to make your car look sinister to try to impress people who couldn't care less who you are, with how big and sinister and tough looking you are. Good on you champ. Your headlights are indeed blacker than mine. I guess that makes you the winner. ?

I think it's a bit like walking around wearing a polo shirt with the collar popped up so that people can visually see how hard your $### is.

zak1998, Dec 30, 5:45am
Because driving 4Kph over the limit is far far more dangerous.

berg, Apr 15, 2:36am
Like I said, written warning the first time, ticket the second here in Wgtn