Rego beginning with 'K'

Page 1 / 2
meoldchina, Dec 16, 12:44am
Are there any newly-registered cars on the road with a number plate beginning with 'K' or are we still getting through the 'J's?

saxman99, Dec 16, 1:33am

meoldchina, Dec 16, 2:48am
Thanks. Is there any way of knowing how close we are to getting K-reg?

phillip.weston, Dec 16, 3:00am
Shouldn't it be KAA1?

bwg11, Dec 16, 3:12am
Wife bought a new car today in Christchurch, still a "J".

bjmh, Dec 16, 3:18am
be a slippery one . "K Y " ?

saxman99, Dec 16, 3:20am
I went for a random slightly higher example to avoid possible personalised plates. As it is, KAA1 appears unissued as yet.

meoldchina, Dec 16, 3:28am
Early Christmas present?

bwg11, Dec 16, 3:45am
No such luck. From her to her maybe.

mileyfan73, Dec 16, 6:19am
Well we are up-to JLM roughly,They have to get to JZZ before KAA comes in.They generally miss out 'Q' and 'V' in the grouping of letters along the way.

meoldchina, Dec 16, 6:24am
That's very useful to know. Thank you.

nightboss, Dec 16, 7:15am
The new BMW's for our Politicians are numbered KEY001, KEY002, KEY003 etc.

lookoutas, Dec 16, 7:36am
I've got a Q.

henderson_guy, Dec 16, 7:41am
It could be a bit messy having a JZZ on the back of your car

mad_signtist, Dec 16, 8:48am
I have a Q too. FAQ lol. FA Q 2 would have been a goodie

westwyn, Dec 16, 8:56am
No joke- apparently NZTA vetoed an application for FARQ2.

No sense of humour, those officials.

lookoutas, Dec 17, 4:42am
I've read that there's no suck plate as FUK, and others that don't fit PC.

fordcrzy, Dec 17, 5:09am
new van. JM rego

tgray, Dec 17, 5:20am
Yep, JMQ reg today.
Different AA and VTNZ outlets are often a letter ahead or behind, depending on their stock pile of plates on hand.

saxman99, Dec 17, 7:02am
Here's the info from wiki:

Since the change to the LLLnnn format, the letters I,O and X have appeared only on plates starting with "AAI", "AAO" and "AAX" respectively; presumably the potential for confusing these letters with numbers and other similar looking letters was only realised after those initial series. Current plates eschew the letters I, O, V, and X.

The issuers have avoided some three-letter combinations, mainly to avoid offence. Excluded combinations include:

ARS, ASS, BAD, BAG, BAT, BRA, BUM, BUT, CNT, CUM, CUN, DUM, FAG, FAK, FAT, FCK, FKN, FKQ, FKU, FQM, FQN, FUC, FUK, FUQ, FUZ, HAG, JAP, JEW.

GAY was one combination allowed as it was deemed not to be offensive, but the NZTA shortly afterwards recalled several plates in the GAY series because they were combined with undesirable number combinations, such as plates GAY690 through GAY699.[4]

BMW dealers have bought up the complete range starting with the letters "BMW" for use as semi-personalised plates. Kia cars have appeared with "KIA"-prefixes, and Hyundai cars with "HYU"-prefixes. The issuers have reserved plates starting with "CCC" and "DCC", presumably for diplomatic vehicles. The combinations EBA, FCC, and FNA-FNZ,G(A-H)A were excluded for as yet unknown reasons.

henderson_guy, Dec 17, 7:07am
So GAY was allowed, but BAD was not? God forbid anyone should have BRA on their car

meoldchina, Dec 17, 7:32am
Very interesting Saxman. Thank you.

morrisman1, Dec 17, 7:44am
Why have GAY but not JEW? is that not discrimination against Jewish people saying they are not welcome on our road but homosexuals are?

tgray, Dec 17, 8:32am
Kim dot com was allowed 'POLICE'.
I thought that would have been restricted from civilian use.
GAY is a common name and I understand that one.
I once say the plate IMGAY. Yes, a lady was driving it!

lookoutas, Dec 18, 5:19am
When my cuz was in England, she had something like P1SSD, and ever drunk wanted to buy her car.