Toyota Granivia 2000 auto Im I dreaming

happs1, Jun 29, 10:37pm
To get the cam belt changed and the stater motor replace for 1500.? Thats all I have . I live in cbd auckland. Im stuffed without as it has a hoist in it for a electric wheelchair.

intrade, Jun 29, 11:21pm
what engine sounds cheap if it is a diesel engine need more info if this is secoundhand starter motor or brand new and if its a chinese junk one with not even grease in the bearings of the starter ?

yes you can get a starter from tradme for a isuzu mu for 180$ its brand new. it failed 5 month later again and then 1 year later i got to see the starter it did not have grease in the bearings lol was to much money i guess to fill bearings with grease in china . for this prices .

intrade, Jun 29, 11:22pm
you can get the engine code from carjam.co.nz

happs1, Jun 29, 11:52pm

happs1, Jun 29, 11:53pm
Thanks for your reply.

happs1, Jun 30, 1:36am
Its on a tow truck as I chat

thunderbolt, Jun 30, 2:00am
Because of the starter or a snapped cambelt?

happs1, Jun 30, 2:02am
Cambelt all good just over due to be changed . Its the starter motor is the reason it wont go. Tried tapping it lol. Still no go.

thunderbolt, Jun 30, 2:04am
I'm not sure you will both done for under 1500. I have seen this engine in a Prado getting full belt, tensioner and Water Pump replacement and it was a fairly big job. I can only imagine its worse in a van.

Toyota should be able to quote the Cambelt replacement to give you some idea.

happs1, Jun 30, 2:45am
Thank you Thunderbolt for your help. See how we go. Will have to top him up on payday ., Your right it is a shit of a van to work on.

luke041, Jun 30, 3:11am
If it's a diesal (1kzte). It's a very easy cam belt to do (about a 1-1.5hr job)

thunderbolt, Jun 30, 3:27am
5VZ-FE 3.4 petrol from the car jam link

happs1, Apr 11, 11:00am
yep and very thirsty on the gas.