TOYOTA ALTEEZA GITA AS200

rosscob, Jan 28, 3:25am
LOOKING AT BUYING ONE,ANY ADVISE

r15, Jan 28, 4:09am
they're all good.get the one with the black interior / sports seats / bigger brakes / bigger wheels

sw20, Jan 28, 4:09am
Get the AS300. With the 2jz.

moosie_21, Jan 28, 4:10am
Overpriced

r15, Jan 28, 4:14am
driven one compared to other similarly priced options!

r15, Jan 28, 4:14am
if you like spending money on fuel. i have one with a 2jz.if i were to buy again i would probably buy the 2 litre as our usage is around town

edangus, Jan 28, 4:58am
Go the 3ltr.

I got the father in law the 2.0 6 cyl and it is very economical. Drives all other the North Island (Travelling Salesman)

He still wishes he had gone with my original proposal of the 3.0 6cyl.

I was so impressed with them I bought it for his daughter (my wife).

He cant wait till she wants to sell it.

All in all a great car with awesome handling, comfort and power.

Recommend either option in a Heartbeat. Just go for the latest model you can get (5 spd auto with triptronic)

trdbzr, Jan 28, 5:10am
The Altezza is a pretty good car. It was basically Toyota's response to 3 series BMW. The beams engine is pretty reliable. No common faults in the Altezza. I would avoid that Sonata because a 12 year old Hyundai is not going to be reliable. Its only recently that Hyundai has picked up their game considerably. The Torneo I would avoid because they are known to have gearbox and steering rack problems. The SP20 I would avoid because its known to have a weak gearbox.

moosie_21, Jan 28, 5:42am
Fair enough, I wouldn't buy any of those myself, just showing that there are much cheaper cars out there. What about the Celica!

edangus, Jan 28, 7:25am
Moosie. they are after a wagon mate.

vtecintegra, Jan 28, 10:34am
The Gita is pretty much a hatchback - not nearly as practical as a real wagon

r15, Jan 28, 12:49pm
Id buy the altezza.Much prefer how rwd handles over horrible fwd. You pay a premium for any rwd.

Also the altezza is a much nicer quality feel to it compared to other cars. probably the lexus coming through

kazbanz, Jan 28, 9:17pm
I was a BIG fan of the origonal Altezza when it came here.
It had good power. Nice handlingand had a cabin basicly halfway between a BMW 320 and a 520.
What put me off the sedans was that they seemed right away to be slipped into the "boy racer" car set.
The Gita in my opinion has all the good stuff the sedan has and is a reasonable sized wagon.
They are nice --and fun to drive

alimac1, Jan 28, 10:53pm
Gita engine will be 1GFE, not 3SGE like the Celica

edangus, Jan 29, 3:27am
alimac1 wrote:
Gita engine will be 1GFE, not 3SGE like the Celica[/quote

or a 2JZ-GE

r15, Jan 29, 7:34pm
my 2jz gita was $10k, 71,000kms, imported to nz with 7000kms, and a full service history (incl all reciepts from toyota dealer) from that time to current.

found it on tm almost 2 years ago