Three Wheel Motorcycles

ksonic, Sep 12, 10:26am
Hi guys, sorry don't know if this is the right place. But a few months ago
there was somebody advertising on here that you could hire a Three wheel trike. One of the new ones that you can drive on a car licence. I through this would be an awesome christmas gift for my friend. From memory this was up in Takapuna. Does anyone know of this who if there is such a thing. Would be a great gift even for me. Thanks for reading :)

ksonic (479 ) 9:14 pm, Fri 11 Sep #1
Are you talking about a Can Am. ? Horrible things.
Get him a tandem parachute jump or a bungee jump instead.

http://nz.brp.com/spyder/

m16d (197 ) 10:17 pm, Fri 11 Sep #2
No these are the trikes that you see on the road today. Seen a few now. Not really to sure what they are called. He likes bikes:-)

Edit Delete Quote
ksonic (479 ) 10:23 pm, Fri 11 Sep #3
Post a message in this thread
Show moreIcon

Post Message
Note: by posting, you agree to abide by the Message board rules.
The Trade Me message board is moderated by the Trade Me community. If you're offended by a thread or message, you can vote to have it removed.

If a post in this thread breaks the law and/or breaches our Message board rules you can report it here.

kazbanz, Sep 12, 8:01pm
Ksonic.-There is a bike rental company based in barrys point road in Takapuna. Give Cycletreads a ring because they are in the same building.

tub4, Sep 12, 8:42pm
As for the Can-am comment above, I have met a number of people riding these that wouldn't be riding as they were unable to hold up a full sized bike.
They loved that they could still get out there and ride so while I don't have or want one I sure don't knock them

urbanrefugee54, Sep 13, 6:27am
have heard that the can-am are different to a normal trike & do take a bit of getting used to. but as said above that they are easier if you can't hold the bike when stopped.

desmodave, Sep 13, 7:08am
And they do run a nice Rotax engine .

ksonic, Sep 13, 8:58am
Thanks guys. Yep like the can-am, but not wanting to go off road. Freind is very experienced with all motor cycles with two wheels or three. I will look into that Place mentioned above. thanks

ksonic, Sep 13, 9:04am
kazbanz so sorry I miss read your other message on my thread. Didnt reliase that was what they were called. Sorry about. I will give them a call.

quickbuck, Sep 14, 1:33am
I wouldn't want to go off-road on a Can-Am Spyda either.

purple666, Sep 14, 1:40am
Sure by definition if it has 3 wheels it must be a car? The words motorbike or motorcycle sure aren't shorten versions of motorised tricycle.

motorboy2011, Jun 30, 1:14am
As to what it is, is more closely related to what it's registered as. Bike, have to wear a helmet, car, no helmet but you must have a seatbelt.