External rego stickers colour query

socram, Dec 17, 12:20am
I can't find this on line. Can anyone give me a list of the colours and years for the last of the coloured rego stickers - specifically post 1988.

I am trying to accurately date some scanned photographs of a sprint series I ran at Pukekohe. The one pic I have of a current road car has both red and blue stickers on the screen!

Post 1990, I have managed to keep a full daily diary, but between 1970 and the end of 1989, requires a lot of detective work.

Thanks.

theram1, Dec 17, 3:01am

socram, Dec 17, 9:42am
Close, but no cigar! Only goes to 1986, which isn't helping me. Thanks anyway.

I need the later ones as I do know the photographs in question are 1988 or later.

exwesty, Dec 17, 9:53am
Try contacting either MOTAT or the Southward car museum, both have car collections in original condition with stickers etc so they may be able to assist.

alfred011, Dec 17, 10:10am
one of my customers has got a heap of them on the windscreen of his tractor cab I could have a look when I go past his farm when I have some work out his way.

differentthings, Dec 17, 6:32pm
I have a orange and a brown ones on mine, but the car is buried in the garage ATM. If you can't find the info anywhere else and they are the colours you are looking for I will try and get to it in the weekend, but prefer if I didn't have to.

skin1235, Dec 17, 7:44pm
there were 4 colours, they rotated each year, ie green in 1972 meant green in '76, 80' '84 etc the info you need is, what was the sequence? and at least a start date or a defined date when you know a particular colour was in use

toyboy3, Dec 18, 2:26am
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/433711394.jpg
Are these any help they are trailer and motorcycle

socram, Dec 18, 5:17am
Excellent! Problem solved. Many thanks.

sifty, Dec 18, 5:19am
' I've got an unused one in the shed somewhere.

skin1235, Dec 18, 5:24am
and Blue would have been 87 or 91

they were not externals, they were stuck to the inside surface?, weren't they

socram, Dec 19, 3:13am
I think early ones might have been external and the last ones internal.

2sheddies, Dec 19, 10:21am
I seem to remember some, possibly the later ones having a slit cut into them crossways, to stop people peeling them off in one piece and putting them onto another car. Can't recall if they were internal or not.

alfred011, Dec 21, 9:34am
The carless day stickers were stuck on the outside of the windscreen .

monzaman, May 19, 9:02am
I have a 1993 which is aqua blue external-rectangular.