Adding turbo to a td27

dotdotlite, Oct 9, 7:01pm
Has anyone done this and have a parts list, I know will need turbo, exhaust manifold but not sure about injectors and fuel pump. your advice appreciated.

mrfxit, Oct 9, 7:19pm
Yep it's all different.
Turbo
Injectors
Injector pump
Exhaust manifold
Inlet manifold
Probably air filter system as well

Is your TD27 mechanical or electronic injector pump.
If electronic, you will probably have to change the engine management computer .

Also need to run a lower boost then factory for good life span because the engine wasn't set up for a turbo originally.

Remember that you will suddenly be running that engine a lot harder then it's ever been before.
It would be a bit like borrowing grannys car thats only ever done 50kph for 15 minutes with just the driver . to a similar effect to taking it on a 500km trip towing a 2T trailer & 5 mates AND back again AND without doing any maintenance before going.

rob_man, Oct 9, 8:40pm
I thought a TD27 was already a turbo motor.

franc123, Oct 9, 9:09pm
Add an LVV cert to the above list.

mals69, Oct 10, 1:50am
Yeah a guy called Mr Nissan done millions of them ! Every D21 TD27
Terrano is turboed amongst others.

mrfxit, Oct 10, 4:02am
Yep so how do you account for my 96 Nissan van with a factory non turbo TD27 motor & mechanical injector pump

kingfisher21, Oct 10, 4:16am
Just whack a turbo on it, those engines are near indestructible, I've had a couple and added turbo's, one ran 30 psi all day and never missed a beat.

sanders4, Oct 10, 5:20am
also mrfixit many navarras ran a non turbo td27.

ozz1, Oct 10, 5:27am
oh joy. its NZealand. n# 8 WIRE IS THE SAME AS n# 6 WIRE.:)

mrfxit, Oct 10, 6:19am
LOL DING . yep correct

tweake, Oct 10, 6:56am
ask on http://www.offroadexpress.kiwi/Forums/index.php or navara forums.

depends a lot on how much power you want out of it.
simplest is bolt turbo and manifold on, sort the pipes and tweak the fuel up a bit.
more advanced is changing the injection pump and increasing the power.

not sure if the TD27 had the "light" pistons that some of the TD series had. the other forums should fill you in.

mals69, Oct 10, 9:45pm
x1
Hey teeth puller - news flash - your van is not a terrano is it ?

mals69, Oct 10, 9:49pm
That is why I said all D21 TD27 terranos amongst others - did not say they never put out a non turbo td27 - little johnny did not fair to well on comprehension in his school reports !

a.woodrow, Feb 28, 6:01pm
Wrong again. Early D21 terrano were available in turbo or non turbo. Stick with what you know.