Volkswagen Passat CC 3.6 V6 FSI 4MOTION

Page 2 / 2
pestri, May 30, 8:48pm
Oh thats alright then. silly me.

thejazzpianoma, May 30, 8:55pm
Well yeah. in fairness you probably don't realise that your assumption is a bit like "Computers are no good, I know this because I bought an electric typewriter once and it was rubbish".

If you still have the problem and want some help with it start a thread and the likes of Intrade and 00quattro00 who know about those old pump diesels will likely be able to help.

I am not unsympathetic, its just your assumption is really warped.

pestri, May 30, 11:11pm
L ike m y assumption that when I take it to a VW dealer/agent and he runs the diagnostics, he might glean some useful information leading to a solution?

thejazzpianoma, May 30, 11:18pm
I don't think you are quite understanding. With old 1990's type designs (regardless of make) they just don't have the electronic systems and sensors to give you the comprehensive feedback that the late model stuff does. Plus even the best information is useless in the hands of a fool.

Don't let the year of the vehicle fool you, the LT35 is a bit of an odd ball in that it hung around for ages before a new model came along. Its engine options are also old primarily mechanical type designs Not to mention it being a commercial vehicle which changes things too, especially at that age.

They did update the onboard diagnostics systems on them a bit as time went on but its still typewriter vs computer type differences.

Yes, sometimes dealers are hopeless. That's the dealers fault not the car. There is an unnamed VW dealer I know of that I wouldn't trust to work on my lawnmower. That's just how it is with mechanics/dealers of any make, there are always some hopeless ones about.

Like I said if you actually want some help to solve the problem rather than just moan about it start a thread. There are people on here with experience with those who can likely help you.

pestri, May 30, 11:42pm
Been there done that about 2-3 years go I think. Most comprehensive reply so far has been intrades above but if his suggestion was correct I would expect to see my engine oil level rise? It has not, but I will run some additive as he suggests.

nzdoug, May 31, 12:15am
Getting back to the VW CC, google "Passat World" and join that forum.
Heaps of info on CC and all other Passats word wide.

intrade, Jul 7, 10:34pm
The problem seems to be that people have no understanding of actuarl costs of owning a car, its a minimum of 1000$ upwards per year in service and maintaining on any car , i had a old german client he had a old diesel they Go for ever if you changed the oil and filters and just fix what seemd broken to the naked eye his budget was 750$ a year per car for service and maintain. We put a new clutch in for 1000$ before he scrapped it 6 month later when he moved back to germany after selling up here.
There is a ton of people usually toyota owners who think the wof is the service and only needs a oil change if they need first gear on hills to make it to the top.
Now that worked well for them with old toyotas whom are basically bullet proof to neglect, if you shoot a bullet proofing hard enough you also kill it. but toyota have no longer bullet proofing armor on there vehicles , so it will come to haunt them when they get told the repairs are the same or more then the value of there cars because they never spent any of the 1000$ upwards in upkeep and maintaining there no longer bullet proofed new toyota 2000 onwards is new for toyota and for diesel it ended in 1988 the bullet proofing .
As where vw and other makes would always throw a woobly if you did not maintain them.

nzdoug, Aug 2, 11:45pm
Year 4 of ownership.
70,000kms.
Rear boot lid failed and $282.00 to replace at the dealers.
Next service Apr 2016.

nzdoug, Nov 27, 6:08pm
$240 to fix a faulty park brake electric switch.
@40 labour and parts, was loaned a amorak which is like a VW Hilux 4x4, it was a diesel, sluggish to me for $55K but did a tip run.
The switch bill I had to pay as it snuck in under the $300 I gotta pay first warrantee.
No biggie.
Still 19 mo of warrantee to go.