Volkswagen Touareg beeping noise

gabby3, Jul 12, 1:01pm
Hi, Just wondering if anyone might have an idea on a beeping that has started in my recently purchased 2005 V6 Touareg. It's more of a high pitched hum that lasts about 12 seconds and comes on every 10 seconds. It's not loud like the other warning beeps for the seat belt, handbrake etc. There is no message coming up on the dash. It does not affect the operation of the vehicle. Thank you

peanuts37, Jul 12, 1:16pm
Is it cold outside when it does it? Maybe some sort of snow/ice warning maybe.

gabby3, Jul 12, 2:54pm
Thank you, yes I wondered that. Apparently it makes a warning sound when the outside temperature drops below 4 degrees. It wouldn't have been that cold though when it first started doing it last night.

pettal, Jul 12, 4:54pm

gabby3, Jul 12, 5:18pm
Thanks for that. I had come across this forum but sadly none the wiser. Looks like I'll be paying the dealer I bought it from a visit. Hopefully they may be able to sort it.

intrade, Dec 25, 12:19pm
the issue is noises can be difficult to identify from description of a noise .
You have to tell exactly when the noise happens when you open the door to get in the car when you turn the ignition on or when the engine is running. The more detailed information the more can it be narrowd down . otherwise somone has to hear the noise who knows what they are doing.
Like i was called out the other day from a women who said her brakes make horrible noises she does not want to keep driving . So i went there and said do you know where it comes from yes left front tyre. it just passed a wof so i said i doubt its your brakes because they should have failed it if it was worn out.What i think it is is a stone.
Jacked up tyre spun it screech jup it is 90% a stone i check your brakes just to be sure. was a stone trapped behind brake disk and shield . i said it don't has abs so just let it grind till it falls out as i have to dissemble the whole hub to get the stone out. . $sure enough as she left 80 meter on the road she shows me the thumbs up the stone probably had dropped out already . Now this can be a problem i have found abs ring damage on my vw from stones but since that 94 hiace had no abs it was fine to let it grind away.