EF fairmont headlight relay location help!

jimdaddy, Jun 1, 11:04pm
Trying to find my headlight relay but it doesnt seem to be clearly marked. Does anyone know which relay it is? Theres 3 relay boards in this thing so exact location would be appreciated. Thanks.

tamarillo, Jun 1, 11:59pm
There's a few relays that effect headlights in different ways. Main ones are up next to battery attached to bodywork. There's 4 there and the middle two are light ones.
But there also specific headlight ones next to wash fluid bottle, plus a little box which is some kind of switch for high beam.
This is all memory from one with a problem
Best be either more specific with problem , or google it which is how found out what I needed to try changing. Lots of Aussie forums come on Google.

Ps you've posted this twice, maybe delete other one.

jimdaddy, Jun 2, 3:21am
Thanks, the lot of 4 relays i have are next to my air filter. The problem is that the lights on low beam are extremely dull. Ive tried polishing the lenses to no avail. Should i replace both of the two relays you mentioned?

Also, posting from my phone and had a poor connection at the time. Not sure how to delete the other thread.

Cheers.

franc123, Jun 2, 3:48am
The relay bank in front of the airbox is for the radiator fans. The one you are looking for is under a black cover between the battery and inner mudguard. A common cause of dull headlights is poor connections at the circuit breaker which is hung off the back of the above relay bank, 2 spade terminals on a rectangular metal box.

tamarillo, Jun 2, 3:50am
Sorry that's limit of my knowledge. I think relays are purely switching units and either worked or not, but don't take as gospel. I'd certainly be checking earths, plugs, bulbs etc.
you can do some swapatronics with relays, just swap a couple of same type to test.

tamarillo, Jun 2, 3:51am
This sounds more knowledgable!

jimdaddy, Aug 7, 5:10pm
Ok thanks franc, i'll check that out when i get home.