How to break a windscreen

vic008, Feb 17, 9:34am
In an emergency? What would be the options?What could you use?

m16d, Feb 17, 5:28pm
Last one I broke was a stone from a milk tanker. you could try that.

clark20, Feb 17, 6:23pm
Ask the policeman, used a brick on the BMW to save the woman

jason_247, Feb 17, 7:06pm
side windows something sharp and heavy. brick steel bar etc.

dont bother with the windscreen unless you have no other choice.
they are laminated and glued in hard.
you can shatter it to dust by kicking it and it still wont fall out. you have to tear a hole in the plastic and pull someone through the resulting cheese grater.

ntalke, Feb 17, 7:19pm
Tour Buses in Europe have devices like a small Hammer to break windows

Trouble with modern cars is they all have electric windows that are useless when the car is submerged and the force of the water outside stops the opening of the doors

kazbanz, Feb 17, 7:36pm
in japan a lot of cars are supplied with an "emergency tool' It has a cutting blade one end to slice through seatbelts and a hammer with a nail point on the other end

socram, Feb 17, 8:23pm
Exactly. If possible, rear screen is a far better option. If you are on the inside, if you are really lucky, you might just be able to kick it out - certainly with an older car. Do they bond the rear screens in modern cars or are they held in by rubber seals?

nukhelenc, Feb 17, 10:43pm

saki, Feb 18, 3:30am
side and rear automatic centre punch.

richardmayes, Feb 18, 4:13am
A rock.

Our daughter in a pubescent hormonal rage used about a head-sized rock on the screen of our Laser just before Christmas. Worked a treat.

hamhonda, Feb 18, 4:57am
BUT BUT BUT I've seen it in the movies, the front screens just fall out when they're kicked! Always makes me laugh when I see that.
Rear window is usually the easiest to smash, but if you need to smash one of the door glass hit them in the corners or close to the edges.

rsr72, Feb 18, 5:06am
Ah, daughters !.

saki, Feb 19, 3:35am

smac, Feb 19, 3:43am

jason_247, Feb 19, 5:18am
electric windows will actually work for a decent time while wet.
especially as it takes a while for the door interior to fill with water.

brigette6, Feb 19, 5:49am
Car windscreens are designed to break before a human skull does, you could try using your skull to do it.
you would wait till the car in nearly full of water and the pressure is equalised then open the door

smac, Feb 19, 5:54am
Click the link I posted above.

rsr72, Feb 20, 12:03am
BMW windows and sunroof automatically open, and doors unlock, in a violent crash but in this instance she seemed to have driven over the bank into the water with little enough impact to set off the auto emergency opening and unlocking.
I wonder why she didn't try to manually open and unlock with the switches when the car hit the water as the car was upright.

lugee, Jun 8, 6:56pm
Myth.