Wof failed - garage wants $530

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Jun 20, 10:33pm
well lets look at why you need to go back to the original place of inspection, because that has a few specific reasons
lets say wof is 50$ 4 items failed , why can you not go to a other place because quite simple they are not the ones whom you paid the 50$ so why would they do the work of the check or recheck when you did not pay them?
also why would they trust a other place even if they would get 25$ sent in the mail by the original tester, They dont want to put there stamp on a test they did not do to begin with.

the upsell is sometimes used yes like vtnz try to sell you these things they can check for extra money sortof implying that they service the car, when they cant even find normal problems like worn swaybar bushes , how in the hell are they going to service your car with the other checks they claim services your car . IT dont its a scam they try on every customer.

a.woodrow, Jun 20, 11:01pm
They failed your headlight adjustment, adjusted the lights while they had the beam setter out then passed it. That's why you had the tick and cross, and why they didn't need to do anything when you rechecked

blondes1, Jun 20, 11:30pm
In my experience the cheaper the WOF check the Bigger the fault list
Now i go to the same garage all the time, this way trust is built up,plus they are in the MTA

tgray, Jun 21, 1:54am
There are still garages in West Auckland that do WOF's for $20.
No idea how that works for them.

kieran211, Jun 21, 2:24am
More of a trust thing was a new WoF place and a Groupon deal too lol - I wouldn't assume that of my usual mechanic.

therafter1, Jun 21, 3:12am
You haven't stopped to wonder for a few seconds as to why they may have hooked up with groupon and are chucking stuff around for FREE at all have you?

therafter1, Jun 21, 3:16am
Trudy must have wanted to pay for the headlight adjustment . $70.00 divided by 60 . that'll be 50 notes for your Wof inspection and $1.17 for your headlight adjustment please, and when you come back for your re-inspection on your tyres we will do that for free, aren't we good eh!

kieran211, Jun 21, 4:18am
what's free?

therafter1, Jun 21, 5:40am
Good catch, wrong choice of word . deals then eh . same diff. Just stick to places that you either know or that have been recommended and you are less likely to receive a Wof fail followed by an enormous estimate for the repairs. The best advice you have had in the thread was the second post.

pf, Jun 21, 6:36am
same price in Onehunga . they do sell a lot of cheap tyres though .

inkapuka, Jun 21, 7:58am
I've been to multiple places for wof all been good bar one who failed me for having the radar on the window was a bit odd

mopsy3, May 12, 3:31am
And from here on in this is what all WOF inspectors have to do. The powers that be have decided that you cannot issue a WOF for you own, your family members or your employers vehicles due to having a 'conflict of interest'. Ridiculous.