Car Insurance

duncstars, Mar 25, 2:30am
I've just insured my car with 3rd party+fire+theft+glass.
I think its the best value for money.
If I crash it will most likely be the other persons fault and if they're not insured my insurance will cover it.
No point in getting comprehensive unless you're a bad driver or very clumsy.

marmar1, Mar 25, 2:45am
I have full insurance and have never made a claim in over 25 years of driving,but even I know I'm not perfect, so it's better to safe then sorry IMO.

martin11, Mar 25, 3:01am
Are you sure your company will cover it on a 3rd party policy ?

poppajn, Mar 25, 3:23am
3rd party won't repair your car in an accident though, only the other party.
P.S. Hope your not with Youi

chchgurl, Mar 25, 3:26am
What about when your car gets hit on the side of the road when you are parked up and the other party drives off? or you have an accident an the other party drives off before you can get details/rego?

cherrybear29, Mar 25, 3:52am
or the other party has no insuance.

tony9, Mar 25, 3:59am
Third party means that you are absolutely fine with having no cover (except for fire and theft) on your vehicle and you are prepared to accept all costs for damage repair.

There is a remote chance that the other party will have insurance, or an even remoter chance the other party will pay for the damage, but you should not expect it.

gunhand, Mar 25, 4:14am
All those accidents happenin out there everyday. it's always "someone elses" fault.

tweake, Mar 26, 7:06am
not necessarily so.
the other party will lie and blame you.
evidence may not be very clear.
there are situations which are automatically "no ones fault" such as parking areas. (to hard to work out who did what so each party gets covered by their own insurance).
there may be no 2nd party. i've had cows, dogs etc run out in front. trees blown over right in front while driving. storm or flood damage.
tons of idiots/drunks who run you off the road and never stop let alone give details.

full insurance if you can afford it. 3rd is better than nothing.

tamarillo, Mar 26, 8:57am
Odd message, odd optimism, stupid arrogance.

stevel_knievel, Apr 11, 6:50pm
Yes for a $1000 car. No for a $10,000 car.