BMW 330i M FactoryRadio

toysky, Jun 5, 2:06am
I am going to replace the above. What's a good head unit for around the $250 mark that will fit nicely in space.
Cheers

saxman99, Jun 5, 3:49am
Assuming it's an E46 you need to grab a bezel to convert the space to a standard DIN and then fit a normal Headunit. I use and recommend Pioneer, but stick to name brands and you'll be fine. Then buy the ISO to wring harness adapters and you're set. Depending on this and that you may need to do some extra wiring to ensure the FM antenna amplifier wire is live when you turn the headunit on. There are easy to follow instructions for removing the dash trim etc. on youtube. Good Luck!

tamarillo, Jun 5, 4:03am
You can get all the bits you need from edsauto.co.nz but you need to ring him up. He's got facia adapters, wiring adapters, and aerial plug adaptor.
Some kind poster put me on to him for doing same in my Audi and everything fitted perfectly and was well made.,
Personally I went for Sony with Bluetooth but any good name is good. Check with him before buying to make sure the wiring loom is available though.

brapbrap8, Jun 5, 4:33am
Have a look at them working in a shop, some of them light up like a christmas tree with strobing lights and all the rest, fine if you have a boy racer poser car, but a nuisance for most people.
A lot of tractors I drive have JVC head units fitted from factory, they work well, pair with phones easily and are quite plain and not too bright so you don't get it reflecting off the windows at night.

tamarillo, Jun 5, 9:54pm
AGREED! Flashy stereo with light show display would run the BMW. Need a nice simple classy display preferably with a button to turn off main display ay night.

toysky, Jul 22, 10:20am
Yep totally agree.