BMW colours e60 or f10.boring!

hawat, Nov 11, 5:13pm
There only seems to be black, white, silver or grey. Can't afford brand new so looking into low km used 550i and those are the colours that are available? Our much loved e39 540i getting up in miles now to 155k so looking to update. Found a couple of GT 550i's with nice teal colour with off white leather trim but I want a sedan. Surely the factory had all other colours available? Did kiwis only order new e60 or f10's in those boring colours? With black or grey trim?

vtecintegra, Nov 11, 7:22pm
The people that can afford those vehicles new prefer the more subtle colours

tamarillo, Nov 11, 7:25pm
Think it not kiwis but Japan and UK , I'd hazard a guess majority are second hand imports.
But you're right in that even when one sees NZ ones they are usually dull, maybe it's a reflection of the conservative tastes of folk who buy executive saloons here.
And therefore the importers pick cars that will sale so like the standard colours.

saxman99, Nov 11, 7:46pm
155k is nothing. Keep the E39 until it has a decent milage on it. Should do 500 + easy.

hawat, Nov 12, 1:40am
yep I am thinking along those lines. Its actually a nicer looking car than the bangle models and after thinking about it for a few months I'll think on if for another couple of years (or more) . probably. And with respect to the colours, I'm not talking lurid reds or sparkly lime green. Our car is that deep forest green and I have seen other e39's in French blue. Both are not boring but still more interesting than silver or black.

elect70, Nov 12, 2:18am
Agree BMW color schemes are boring . Where are the metalic bronze , blues with cream upholstery of the e36 era & before . Now it black or grey . Keep what youve got 155 k is not even half life if its maintained well .

rbd, Nov 12, 8:02am
And remember that a E39 is ten times as reliable as an E60.

gman35, Oct 25, 1:13am
Welcome to the world of Euro sedans.
Audi, Mercedes the same.
But surely 2 out of 10 would buy a nice metallic blue or red ?
It's all about the "residual" (used) value to 99% of the companies that buy most of them new, and it's those colours that are reliable in that respect apparently.