TM car insurance, way cheaper.

gunhand, Aug 25, 9:25am
Just did a quick on line quote and its considerably cheaper than what I pay now, and I have full discount already. looks like its via Tower insurance.
Too good to be true? Thats full comprehensive cover too.

trouser, Aug 25, 9:39am
Tower were cheaper for me. Fintel were cheaper again but the cover was not the same.

gunhand, Aug 25, 9:41am
Interesting. Was / is Tower a good policy?

possumr, Aug 25, 10:36am
Its a shame that is quote's only for Town Insurance, seem like TM and Tower made some sort a deal. personally i think there much better insurance company's out there, shop around people!

tony9, Aug 25, 11:23pm
Just checked my latest vehicle, Third Party Fire, theft and glass is $17 a month on AMI and $24 a month with TradeMe insurance. Pleased I already bought AMI.

For some reason I am not tempted to ask YOUI for a quote.

kiwitrader43, Aug 25, 11:53pm
Just remember that AMI is actually IAG the Australian crowd that dudded so many in Christchurch.

trouser, Aug 26, 1:29am
Exact same policy wording and I selected the same options. Most of the different companies policies are a much of a muchness. Some have a few options as standard where as others have them as selectable extra cost options.

elect70, Aug 26, 1:33am
Its when it comes to claims is when you find out how good your insurer really is is .Plus whether they up the premiums if make a claim & quality of repairer /repairs . Cheap insurance means they have to make it up somewhere . Yet to hear how Youi are like .

tigra, Aug 26, 2:21am
I tried them for a quote (TM insurance) and they were quite a bit dearer than Tower whom I'm already with

321mat, Aug 28, 3:39am
Better Value elsewhere.

Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Some insurance companies - and I'm not saying TM insurance is one, just to be clear - may have certain areas that are unclear in the policy wording when you first sign up, which will make it easier for them to decline a claim in the event of an accident.

I would suggest you deal with an insurance agent/representative face-to-face, so you can be assured of ethical dealing.