Mobile mechanics

henreitta, Feb 8, 4:49am
Any suggestions for a good mobile mechanic please ? Yesterday car was going well, as usual, today ,started it but seems to be going on 3 cyl,s, and first start was noisey as well. maybe petrol filter, plugs, ? no mechanic here but need vehicle for hospital visits for mrs this week, it a 1999 nissan march k 11, done 77.000km, dont want to drive to garage as its quite a distance and dont want to cause more damage/problems
Thanks for help

jmma, Feb 8, 5:01am
Are you able to check the oil level?

henreitta, Feb 8, 5:29am
Yes , thanks, oil is good & clean filled to correct amount, water is fine as well, cant check spark plugs as they are well down in the engine and dont have the tools for more modern vehicles

Was going to ring the A A , but not really a breakdown as such really

msigg, Feb 8, 6:09am
If you are a member do call the AA, they do offer good advise and have some well trained people. Those symptoms are not plugs, could have something to do with cam chain start up rattle?, blown head gasket, who knows, Low km but older car so has it had all it's services as in coolant/corrosion,oil changes etc. Could be anything. google mobile mechanic in you area. Good luck.

henreitta, Feb 8, 7:41am
thanks for the info

gmphil, Feb 8, 11:10am
not sure wot part of town u in as in papkura ship , I cant put u on to a local; guy I use for my wheel aligments and wof .

henreitta, Feb 8, 10:52pm
Thanks everyone, and the outcome was : rang A A , he pulled out a sparkplug, turned over the motor, put plug back in turned motor over again till it started, seemed that too much fuel had got into motor and made everything wet, after heaps of white-ish smoke, car ran well again
just been in for a full service and all was well,they also found nothing wrong
Again. thank you all, very much appreciated. -

elect70, Jun 28, 6:47pm
Dont seem to be many or any around these days . Used to 1 in the Horowhenua , he was real good had manuals for most cars on CDs & bought his laptop to the job . Did a few jobs for me excellent & very reasonable charge ( less than a garage ) but gone now . Good for all those jobs where tools average home mech wouldnt usually have , like ball joint splitters & spring compressors .