How bad New Holden Cruze 1.6 turbo hatchback?

Page 2 / 2
dave653, Mar 19, 4:18am
Ha! DonKey will lie about buying it for anyone!

johotech, Mar 19, 4:35am
Low K's? How much?

tamarillo, Mar 19, 4:54am
Yes they're cheap I grant you that, and appear reliable too. So if that's your criteria fair enough.
But as for other claim. it's an old design and others have moved on and up significantly. I have used one, and it reminded me of a cheaper car 10 yrs ago, which is what it is. A new fiesta with the little ecoboost is a hugely better car in everyway, though granted its smaller, but not by that much. And yes a focus is more money, but try one and you'll tell difference. You'll save the cost back in the better economy. Lancer get 115 kW from an old 2 litre!

But yes it is cheap, and reliable, and has all the things one needs.
So each to their own.

3tomany, Mar 19, 5:12am

mals69, Mar 19, 9:04am
Do not bother OP cruze equals rebadged Daewoo, test drove one - shocking build quality !

twink19, Mar 19, 9:11am
all the people that bag the Cruze, have you owned one, or driven one. we have had one since 2009 new, 2 litre turbo diesel, now 90k, only costs, servicing, fuel, front pads and rotors, tyres, what is your problem, seen more problems with VW golfs, each to their own,

mals69, Mar 19, 9:19am
If you think a cruze is of good build quality IMHO you
know jack about cars , new rotors at 90,000 km's lolloll

edangus, Mar 19, 9:22am
You mean like most vehicles these days? Fords. Chryslers etc etc

jmma, Mar 19, 9:23am
Know jack about cars?
I think what twink doesn't know about cars probably amounts to less than what we know about them (o:

utwo, Mar 19, 9:26am
The "current" model Lancer is now a ten year old design, so not exactly a smart buy.

mals69, Mar 19, 9:30am
Spend all his time listening to his computer surfing car sites with his labrador alongside - guy got to be blind - they are a heap of shite - period ! Go take a look at one .

ianab, Mar 19, 10:32am
And most 10 year old Lancers are still on the road. So it's fair to assume that if you buy one, it will last for 10+ years.

Might not be state of the art, but as a "tranportation appliance" it's going to work right? That's what matters to a fair % of the car buyers out there.

PS it wouldn't be my first choice either, but given the choices I'd take the Lancer over a Cruze.

3tomany, Mar 19, 5:00pm
well said if you want basic cheap, reliable motoring then lancer is perfect. If you want the latest technology others do it better.

mals69, Mar 19, 9:03pm
When it comes to the cruze all you need is an eye for detail - from an another post of mine "mrs outlaw wanted holden cruze (daewoo in disguise) what a piece of shite, front right and rear left window seals leaked, stitching on seats looked like machinist was hungover that day and it was gutless.
Boot lid was not in alignment. (Brand new dealer demo car)
Hate to wash one - notice all sorts of things.

As for the comment about chrysler and ford rotors - 2 wrongs do not make a right.
When it comes to the cruze "If the cap fits" - why do you think so many in here bagging them ? Rebadged Daewoo Lacetti
If you own one and are happy with it good for you - I would not own one - was letting OP know my thoughts on them. Crikey the calvary sure does arrive if you dare put down a regular poster choice of car - what is one meant to do ? Rave on about how great they are even if you no different - Not On Your Life !

timbo69, Apr 22, 5:45pm
A mate just done second turbo at 65,000km on a 1.4 - It a P.O.S