Cost to replace air intake hose on 2002 BMW 316ti?

meat_loaf20, Oct 15, 11:17am
Earlier this year when getting my car serviced, Jeff Gray BMW in Palmerston North found a fault which is described on the invoice in the following way:

BMW Diagnostic Tester
Fault found for additive mixture adaptation
Cause: Air leake - intake hose has split
Remedy: Air intake hose replacement

I didn't get this problem fixed immediately and now, according to a Google search, it is the cause of rough idling in the car which only started happening after I topped the car up with oil.

Does anyone know how much this might cost me to get replaced? Some people have suggested to me doing it myself, but I am definitely not the sort of person that can do much under the hood.

unclejake, Oct 15, 11:53am
If the rough idle started immediately after you topped up the car with oil then I'd be suspicious of a crankcase pressure leak (from the oil cap). but to answer your question: the actual labour involved with changing that intake hose is probably 15 mins. so allow a billable hour and then the cost of the part.

EDIT: and the last one I had to buy (for a Hilux) was something like $115

I'd suggest letting a mechanic diagnose your car rather than having any faith what-so ever in Google

saxman99, Oct 15, 7:35pm
As a temporary free fix you could find the leak and tape it up. This would also confirm that your rough idle is caused by a split intake pipe.

woodark, Oct 15, 10:42pm
Any Thoughts on the cost to replace C,V, Joints and also front diff on 95 Toyota Rav ?

intrade, Oct 15, 10:45pm
question ? did they not show you where the intake hose had cracked and explain why it need replacing?

thunderbolt, Oct 15, 10:47pm
You would be better off starting a new thread on this, with clear info in the title. What is the issue with the diff?

unclejake, Feb 6, 12:24am
Dealership workshops seldom operate like that mate. You usually deal only with a service manager who has clean hands