2006 golf gti 2.o turbo,6spd dsg

boat3, Apr 5, 8:23pm
are these reliable,look like a nice car,the ones we are looking at are around 100,000 km,thanks

petal_91, Apr 5, 8:46pm
Bank on getting the roof relined or else use loads of drawing pins, lol.

vtecnet, Apr 5, 11:23pm
They are good if they have been serviced properly previously, but 90% of the time they have not.
Ie the DSG oil must be changed every 60,000k's but i bet it has not.
The Coolant should be changed every 6 years max, but i bet its got the original coolant still.
The cambelt and waterpump etc will be due too. so. add about $2k to the price to get it upto standard.

elenor, Apr 5, 11:47pm
we have one its a nice quick car, only problem we have had is central lock play up

haventrader, Apr 6, 3:53am
I had (yes, sadly sold it) a wagon running GTI mechanicals. Fantastic car and regret selling. I spent $1600 when I bought it getting it up to scratch and kept it that way throughout my ownership. That included cambelt, water pump etc. Never had any trouble with it, the DSG was very smooth and lightning quick. Motor very responsive. 100,000km is not high mileage. I sold mine with 165,000km and it still pulled like a train. Go for it.

daryl14, Apr 6, 4:13am
What are the gti mechanicals you speak of?

petal_91, Mar 26, 9:01pm
He must mean the same engine and turbo as a GTI. Of course being a wagon it probably has a different suspension setup optimized for carrying heavy loads.