Is the liquid paint protection with nano any good

vwork, Aug 10, 4:29am
Hi, I've seen someone advertising Fiat liquid paint protection coating for Fiat (and no doubt other cars) on TradeMe for $499 ish - and wanted to know if it is good for keeping seaside living rust away? I've no garage and the 2012 car gets covered in sand and there's salty air of course I live in a very exposed area and I can see very teeny smaller than a pin head rust dots here and there already. Totally gutting.
Does any protection layer protect against constant salt/sand environment. I take it through the no brush car wash too in case the sand is abrasive. But sometimes wonder if that even gets the salt off!

tamarillo, Aug 10, 6:34am
I can't get my head past six monthly proper wax and elbow work.
Surprised you're getting rust, I thought it would be galvanised.

grangies, Aug 10, 6:45am
Where are the rust pin heads appearing?

woki, Aug 10, 11:14am
the salt will permeate all cavities and nooks and crannies . You live by the sea the car will rust from the underside up . no fancy polish will stop it rotting .save the $500 and put it towards your next car .

tamarillo, Aug 10, 11:08pm
It used to be popular to do rustproofing under car, in sills, doors, under panels etc. surely someone still does this?

vwork, Aug 11, 1:48am
The (only) place I have noticed those minute dots of rust on the car paint is on the rear of the car. They appear on the boot metal panel (below) the rear window, and above the rear window window. Not right next to where the window joins the metal - some centimeters away from the window. Also I have definite rust on the black metal edging strip which is in the corner of the drivers and passenger front window area - the inner V part, just forward of the actual window which is black not the painted metal of the car body. Very near the wing mirrors. I spray that with CRC (is that worthwhile?)
And it's rusted on some round metal parts inside the bonnet - the very top left and right which I've also been spraying with CRC. Haven't looked under the car.

Yes I'd be interested in where I could take it to get any worthwhile protection. I inherited this car from a death in the family and it's got sentimental value together with being the most expensive car I will ever own so I'd like to care for it (my last car was a 92 Corolla for some perspective!)

elect70, Aug 11, 2:35am
Wash & wax weekly buy a car cover too . I do both even though car has garage sea air still gets in to paintwork unprotected as im only 500 m from sea .

vwork, Aug 20, 11:10pm
I'm over the road from the sea in a car parking area full of mini sand dunes that blow in and out of the area depending on the wind direction. I was advised not to use a car cover as there is sand around most of the time and applying that in the almost constant winds on top of swirling sand could damage the car? Obvious solution is to park car kilometer away inland but it's just when the weather is foul that you want to have your car near your house!

elect70, Aug 21, 2:40am
Those SC covers are ok they have elastic band & velcro straps to tie it on right down to ground level .

nesta129, Aug 24, 11:05am
Worst I have seen is a 2year old range rover,bought new,brought in to be machine buffed because the paint work was covered in small blisters. under the paint.The whole vehicle covered in it,from being parked outside at the bach by the sea.Was really nasty looking like the car had the measles lol

marte, Aug 24, 11:23am
'TecTron'? 'Tectron'?
I cannot remember its name now. There used to be lots of jokes about it back in the 80's.

esprit, Sep 3, 11:23am
Tectyl. Cavity wax.