Cellphone signal repaters for cars?

wind.turbine, Dec 29, 7:06am
has anyone had any experience with using these?
I have looked at several nz websites and cellutronics seem to have one product with the best gain on signal.
http://cellutronics.co.nz/Vehicle_Antenna_Kits.php
I am looking at getting the bottom one but not sure how well they really work.

I am on the road a lot in rural areas and am finding it hard to get cell phone reception a lot of the time so wondering if this will help?

only thing I don't like about it, is the antenna is so think so might be more annoying when driving, I already have one on each side of the bonnet for CBs but there skinny so don't really affect vision.

this one will be going on the left side of nudge bar so will be a bit lower but still concerned about its size.

Thoughts?

fertman, Dec 29, 7:33am
I brought one of these with a direct plug for my telecom r83 phone. The plug which was supplied does not go into the phone very far and falls out rather easily. Only one is available and it is meant to be the correct one. Reception did not improve as much as I thought it would, and that is, with holding the plug in. Bit disappointed in the long run with it. I also spend a lot of time in fringe areas. A car cradle may be okay, but the direct connection is meant to be better.

wind.turbine, Apr 17, 3:15am
I would have to have a passive connection cradle as I have an iphone so not concerned about that as no cable to plug in all the time but as I have a mophie case on it which has an internal battery, I am wondering whether that will lower the connection between the phone and cradle.

The one I am looking at apparently boosts the signal by 40X so surly if that's what they advertise it for then that is what it would have to do?