25,000 Holden cars recalled

croco1, Nov 24, 5:43am
Of the 25,000 Holden cars being recalled, over 1,500 are in New Zealand.

They're being recalled because of a fire risk due to a leaky fuel hose in their diesel engines.

It concerns the owners of 250-Epicas, 900-Captivas and 470 Cruze vehicles.

Owners are being contacted by mail.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/11983005/25-000-holden-cars-recalled/

lisah8, Nov 24, 5:46am
Have Holdens .but not those models.

moosie_21, Nov 24, 5:47am
Ugh, never would I buy any of those off-shoots of the Holden/Ford brands. Why do they put that crap out there and try to compete with other well-established small/hatchback models! I'd even dare say I'd take a VW or Fiat before those cars.

foxdonut, Nov 24, 6:01am
Because not everyone who wears an HRT jacket on Sundays to watch the V8 SuperCar series realises that Holden only actually make one car and just rebadge the rest.

1500 isn't a bad number. Good to see that Kia has its QC up to scratch.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 24, 7:13am
I agree, everyone recalls vehicles, it just part of manufacturing/design you can't preempt everything.
Toyota cave literally recalled millions of vehicles in the last couple of years.

franc123, Nov 24, 7:18am
Sounds like a plan, have a giant Daewoo Barbeque and get all this crap off the road!If any of it caught fire and burned up they'd be doing their owners a favour, Its not like anybody would notice or care if all the remaining Epicas got burnt out and hauled off to the wreckers, what they are insured for is a hell of a lot more than what you could sell it for.

vtecintegra, Nov 24, 7:20am
What does Kia have to do with Holden!

franc123, Nov 24, 7:21am
Because Daewoo in Korea is GM's new global sludge generating facility and they are dirt cheap to build.

vtecintegra, Nov 24, 7:22am
They still build far better cars than GM USA was putting out. Look at how well received the Cruze was in North America

gadgit3, Apr 6, 7:17am
I think is funny how all this recall bull shit hit's the media and gets thrown out of control the risk of a leak is minimal but a few (small amount) had a weep so GM decided to rectify the issue before there was one, released a press conference some one at the local paper is having a rough week and whoooo all of a sudden Holden has produced a car that will kill thousands. and Toyota V6 MZ engines will stop braking because the crank damper will delamiate and you will no longer have power steering. Fords will all blow up due to a leak in a fuel tank seem leak.bla bla bla every car has a recall and 90% don't even make it to the media but the ones that do cause huge controversy