Jeep cherokee moose test

gunhand, Jun 24, 9:11am
Bugger, bit scary, and kinda spectacular lol. And those drivers would have been "actuall" drivers, not wannabe's or read it in a book types who think they can. So they would have been able to handle the shocking handling somewhat. Now imagine Joe and Joanne Blogs doing the same.
But all the clever advertising they do (jeep) will make people think they are competent vehicles and buy one cause there trendy.
In fact all the Large ute and SUV advertising dosn't show them doing anything remotely serious 4WDrivish, hints at it alot though.

pandai, Jun 24, 9:22am
I'm wondering what profile those tyres are. Must be expensive when they pop like that, and the rim gets the crap scratched out of it as well.

Porsche Macan is another interesting test - the outside front wheel locks up during than manoeuvre, supposedly to help prevent it from rolling.

tamarillo, Jun 24, 8:57pm
Ah wimps! Would be ok with a Hemi in it!

yendor, Jun 24, 9:13pm
And most of them used on the School run, buy Women who think they are safe.

richardmayes, Jun 25, 1:45am
Conclusion:

If you are driving a Jeep Cherokee, look where you are going, and try to notice if there is a moose in the road BEFORE the last second.

See also:

kiwi_fisherman, Nov 6, 8:52am
I think most ordinary drivers would have lost control early in the test regardless of the vehicle make. We must remember these tests are carried out by very experienced Test drivers or Pros.

franc123, Nov 6, 9:39am
The US manufacturers have been told this for years but as long as a profitable product is marketed right and is lapped up by the vain and egotistical types that buy them who have delusions about their safety then this SUV silliness will continue and they will keep churning them out. No amount of electronic safety equipment overcomes the fundamental faults.

muzz67, Nov 6, 6:35pm
To be fair tho ,, not many moose hang around in Suburbia.

poppy62, Nov 6, 7:59pm
But there may be a fair few Hung like Moose around Suburbia.

skiff1, Nov 6, 9:42pm
all well and good except moose have a nasty habit of dashing out in front of you, much like small children and other drivers.

skiff1, Nov 6, 9:44pm
while I'm no SUV fan, the electronic rap actually does make them a lot safer than their predecessors.

skin1235, Nov 6, 11:37pm
is it just me or were those simply roll the tyre off the rim , like we have always managed to do, even back with tubed tyres, quite a good effort actually, modern rims, modern tyres, a compliment to their traction in the footprint to be able to roll them off the bead like that

marmar1, Nov 16, 10:21am
Is just me or do they push the jeep harder than the other ones.