So, this Jeep Cherokee drives into the garage,

franc123, Feb 17, 4:20am
the driver was deaf presumably!

twink19, Feb 17, 4:20am
I like the extra crank case breather

mottly, Feb 17, 4:22am
damn - that's a hardy wagon! lol

robinm1, Feb 17, 4:39am
Nothing that a bit on no8 wire and a bit of JB Weld won't fix.

woody1946, Feb 17, 4:52am
God!, I would just squirt some CRC in, that should fix it

rob_man, Feb 17, 5:06am
Just get a holesaw and put in an extra frost plug.

chris_051, Feb 17, 5:45am
I've had a couple of Cherokees and those engines are fckn bullet proof (well, not in this case lol). Mine boiled the water out at Muriwai beach so I had two options, drive it back (about 15 minutes drive, low range very soft sand) or leave it for the tide, drove it back with no water, she was as good as day one and towed 2 tonne the following week.

rob_man, Feb 17, 5:50am
Those old Ramblers were pretty tough, that motor goes back to at least the 50s.

ema1, Feb 17, 9:12am
Hmmmmmmmmm leg outa bed .not quite but a toe definitly.
Yep as rob_man says those old AMC Rambler based 6 cyl engines were tough old buggers for sure , had a bit to do with em actually, mostly the 232cid jobs in Rambler classics mainly and the odd Gremlin of the 1960's and a few 258cid ones .they were't as common but damn tough also.
Even the old 304cid V8 AMC.Rambler engines were bullet proof old jobs.

mottly, Feb 17, 10:11pm
gotta agree on the rambler engine's - our old girl's still goin strong - never had a thing done to her, and she's 47yrs old now :)

elect70, Feb 18, 2:36am
probably shot throughriver at 100 mphseen FJ landcruiser do iton a 4 wd rally, into water hole/bog full noise , 1 broken rod rest bent .

lugee, Apr 30, 5:17pm
Would have been hydrolock. Happens when enough water gets into the cylinder that its volume is more than the cylinder when piston is at top dead centre. Water is uncompressible, couple that with the fact that the crankshaft and flywheel isn't going to want to stop when you're going 100km/h, the weakest link violently fails, usually a connecting rod; and is thrown out through the crankcase.