Honda Odyssey 2011 vs Mazda Premacy 2012

ambeea, Nov 30, 10:48pm
I am wanting to get a vehicle with 7 3 point seatbelts, a good safety rating and a least a 4 star economy rating. It so hard to decide- there seem to be more Premacy's about though and they are more affordable at sale price. Do the Premacy's come as NZ new? Also I can't find a safety rating for them- I see that overseas they are called Mazda5's but I still can't find much info. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

tamarillo, Dec 1, 12:01am
I don't THINK the Premacy was ever sold here - not much market for new people movers here.
The Honda was, though many will be imports.
I'd suggest both work well and are reliable though personally I would favour the Honda as it is better looking, cooler, and a Honda.

dublo, Dec 1, 3:40am
Our WoF garage proprietor says "Discerning people buy Hondas!"
(Just beware of any with CVT boxes, though.)

tfc3, Dec 1, 4:22am
CVT boxes are OK if serviced and maintained correctly.Check CVT.co.nz

dublo, Dec 1, 7:26pm
Agreed! tfc3's service and maintenance comment says it all: check the vehicle's service records before you buy!

kazbanz, Aug 13, 6:02pm
ambeea. Id also suggest you concider the Nissan lafesta -2012 and newer model.My reason is that a Lafesta of that generation IS a Premacy with Nissan badges -so Im not steering you astray from your original question.
On a generic basis I'd suggest you need to think about what is important to YOU,
Is sliding doors important?
Is fuel efficiency important?
Is space inside important?
How BIG are the passengers now? -ie near adult or still littlies.
The premacy/lafesta has the new gearbox which is definitely proving to be very fuel efficient.
The negative is that they are still running with that small centre seat.
The odyssey has slightly more leg room and definiotely more "bum" space for the middle row passengers.