Rego expiring 26 June - Options?

billyfieldman, May 26, 4:11am
I just received a reminder that my rego expires on 26 June 2015 . The new ACC levy starts 1 July 2015. If I renew 26 June I miss the lower ACC by a few days.

Can I don't renew my rego on 26 June and wait till 1 July to renew?

kiwitracy, May 26, 4:28am
No. You will need to reregister your vehicle. But if you are near a testing station, go and ask for a registration for 1 week! Or if you can't get somewhere like that, best bet would be to do rego online for the minimum period of 3 months. Doing it in person, you can register for less than 3 months.

kiwitracy, May 26, 4:30am
"Important note: From 1 July 2015 the ACC portion of your licensing fee (rego) is going down by an average of 41% depending on your type of vehicle. (This does not apply to motorcycles). To benefit from the reduction as soon as possible you may want to renew your licence so that it expires soon after 1 July 2015. The minimum length of time you can renew your licence online is three months. If you want to renew your licence for less than three months you will need to visit an agent and complete an MR27 form."

kazbanz, May 26, 4:50am
Go in- use an MR26 and register it till July 1

m16d, May 26, 6:21am
Is it possible to put the rego on hold for 5 days then rerego on the 1st July. ?

jmma, May 26, 6:33am
Nope, you have to pay rego if you take it off hold within 3 months, nice try though (o:
Just do it for 3 months, really how much is it going to save you with all the pissing around?

gmphil, May 26, 6:41am
yes if op does it tomorrow 26th before actuly runs out

and agree with jmma al over five days u save bugger all lol

billyfieldman, May 26, 7:52am
Thanks for all the help.

luxy, May 27, 9:27am
Just register it to fall due on 30th june. no big deal

fogs, Sep 6, 7:13pm
mine was due 26 june and it is now 2/7 and cost about $30.00 I did it at the post shop