Automatic transmission service cost.

sue193, Oct 9, 6:53am
Hi, is someone able to give me an idea of what this might cost? The vehicle is a Nissan Primera and I've just opened my big mouth and offered to pay for the service. I'm thinking that I should have kept quiet after being told how much it could cost by my husband. He doesn't know but he thinks he does. I'm sure hoping he doesn't.

mileyfan73, Oct 9, 7:01am
Is it a full flush service or just drain and replace filter and refill?It varies a lot.Dependent on service type,amount of trans fluid used and mechanics charge rate.

gtf, Oct 9, 7:03am
Kaspa Auto Transmission serviced/flushed my Nissan XTrail 4WD 2001 for $220 ex gst - 1 hour & did a great job.

sue193, Oct 9, 7:06am
Thanks, I thought 700 was a little bit excessive.

sue193, Oct 9, 7:07am
Sorry I don't know.

mileyfan73, Oct 9, 7:07am
My Falcon was $230 for just drain and refill and new filter.They take more fluid than a Primera though.They don't generally recommend a full flush for older vehicles,10+ years.Can do more harm than good.

franc123, Oct 9, 7:21am
That's not an answer, you will have to find out if you want anything like an accurate estimate. How old the car is and whether its CVT or not are the biggies. These use a specific fluid type that has to be used no ifs or buts and there are different variations in that too depending on the version of trans fitted. Its usually stated on the dipstick what fluid it takes.

stevo2, Oct 9, 7:23am
What year Primera?
If its a proper auto, allow a couple of hundy.
If its a CVT I dont know but guessing $500?
edit -- franc123, you beat me to it.

sue193, Oct 9, 8:02am
Hi, it's a 1999, tiptronic, CVT, so I expect it will be quite expensive. Thanks.

intrade, Oct 9, 9:09am
id get them to service it
http://www.cvt.co.nz/contact_us.htm

sue193, Mar 2, 6:17pm
That's interesting reading thanks. Bit far from home though. I had it serviced today and was seriously freaking about the cost. 1 1/2 hours and $220.00 later. I was one happy lady.