Calling Jazz.

stevo2, May 9, 10:07pm
Jazz, what do you know about the "New" Skoda Fabia?
Mrs Stevo will be looking to replace her Mazda Axela shortly and just looking at the specs online, the 81kw auto model looks to foot the bill.

thejazzpianoma, May 9, 10:36pm
Effectively it's just a Polo in a different party dress. So you get that brilliant 1.2 TSI and the fantastic 7 speed DSG. Obviously you want to run it on BP Ultimate (regardless of what the sales person may tell you). I think it's a fantastic car for the size/money. Like the Polo it's a small version of a "proper car" as opposed to being just an exercise in cost cutting and out dated technology.

I would however be comparing it very hard to some of the good deals on the VW Golf and Skoda Rapid. Consider things like whether you can get an ex demo Golf for similar money, what would have the better depreciation over your expected period of ownership etc. I don't know the answers to these questions but that's what I would be looking in to if I was in your position.

Remember the Golf/Rapid despite being larger and more powerful isn't really going to use a noticeable amount of extra fuel. So if you could benefit from the extra space etc, consider doing it.

Best of luck with it.

stevo2, Feb 5, 11:46am
I took a look today and although they both share the same engine, the Skoda is rated at 81kw (7 spd DSG) and the Polo is 66 kw with the same trans. You need to go up to the Cross-Polo before VW hits 81kw.
The Golf is bigger than she needs for city use, I may as well keep the Axela than spend out on a Golf. Same with the Rapid.
They were both nice looking solid cars and with their new competitive pricing, they are not a lot dearer than the Jappas.
And I took a good look at the Punto, quite underwhelming and budget with cheap and nasty finishing but it is cheap.