Suzuki Swifts - Facebook Marketplace

Page 2 / 3
thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 5:29pm
In my opinion whatever makes easy cash for dealers is what a lot of people end up driving. Tiida's can be bought for next to nothing in Japan so they get foisted on Kiwi's in massive volumes even though they are bottom of the heap in terms of quality from a mainstream manufacturer.

kcf, Aug 2, 6:23pm
Just bought a Swift Sport with slightly over 200,000 on the clock.

Reliability evaluation underway :)

Fun little car. Haven't really driven one (20km of highway driving in somebody else's wife's car) before buying this one. Really crazy fun to drive, despite the relatively low power output. Total backroads fun times.

poppajn, Aug 2, 6:39pm
Mine's nearly 3 years old, I paid $25000and am being offered $16000 for it so cars must be a lot dearer down here

tsjcf, Aug 2, 7:04pm
Hes talking about resale on swifts.Not going to get that back on a Fiat.

stevo2, Aug 2, 7:24pm
Oops. My bad.
Way better resale than the Punto then eh.
Way cheaper to buy a pre-loved Punto than a Swift but at $6k for a Punto thats so new its just come out of warranty, can you really go that far wrong?
I guess what Im saying is that if you buy a three year old Swift for $16k and sell it in 3 years time for $9k you will have lost $7k
The most you will lose on the Fiat is $6k "IF" it doesnt cost you a heap of money in repairs over that time.

tsjcf, Aug 2, 7:29pm
Yep the warrantys gone and your buying the most unreliable car brand out there.

stevo2, Aug 2, 7:39pm
But what if you were to buy a warranty?

tsjcf, Aug 2, 8:02pm
No its not a VW just buy a better brand.

rim12, Aug 2, 8:20pm
stick with the Suzuki or jap car,you know the saying about Fiat, fix it again tony.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 8:49pm
Remember Fiat make the Suzuki Swift Diesel engine because Suzuki is small and can't afford the R and D. So to assume superior reliability of the Suzuki would be silly. Plus the Punto has the simpler motor (petrol) and doesn't require servicing as often plus the better transmission design is pretty much service free as well.
So your point is a very good one. Funny thing, in other countries people would laugh that we are even having this argument, Fiat are the go to manufacturer for small cars in many developed countries.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 8:50pm
No point on a warranty on what would have to be about the most simple, well proven and reliable engine available in a modern car.
But good luck convincing the trolls who have never even sat in one of that.

ema1, Aug 2, 10:19pm
So now you are advocating "no point on a warranty on a god damn FIAT". well I'll be jiggered, only a fool would take up that sort of offer.
Gawd what next the mind boggles honestly, the wise would steer mighty clear . end of, if they know what's good for them. nah not this kid. never ever. that's bottom of the barrel stuff right there!
That is Luney Tunes stuff which I never ever believed I'd ever read, that's a real "Hokus Pokus" bit of DRIVEL.

franc123, Aug 2, 10:45pm
You better go lodge a formal complaint with this outfit for false advertising then hadn't you, identical fuel economy range figures quoted for both vehicles. Or is the alleged huge differential in the fuel economy due to the fact the Fiat needs to be pushed for 40% of the time whereas the Suzuki can actually be driven lol.

https://www.jucy.co.nz/our-vehicles/cars/compact/

Funny that.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 10:49pm
OK, well perhaps you would like to point out which part of the single cam 8v engine with basic multi point ignition that has been in production for nearly 40 years is unreliable and expensive to fix?

I have only ever had one give me trouble (and it was run with no oil under load for a period of time which later I suspect was the cause of head gasket failure at about 250'000km).

Complete head gasket and upper engine set cost about $75 delivered, timing belt kit was about the same.

Did new coolant as well and whole job was done for under $200 in about 3 hours.

If you stopped flapping your arms and dancing about for a few minutes and actually looked in to the nuts and bolts of what we are discussing you might just learn something. and look like less of an idiot to the rest of us.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 10:59pm
If people are stupid enough to not think your troll bait link is a strange choice for quoting economy and don't take the minute to see why it's wrong I am not sure I can help them anyway.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 11:00pm
BTW. no one has even picked up on my mis quoting the Suzuki as a 1.4 instead of a 1.3. So it would seem even your Suzuki knowledge is fairly non-existent.

rovercitroen, Aug 2, 11:26pm
Swifts come in 1.3 (imports only), 1.5, 1.4 and 1.6 ( Sport only)

thejazzpianoma, Aug 2, 11:43pm
Quite right but while the age range mentioned by the OP is a bit odd, it would seem they are talking about a MK2 which didn't have the 1.4 option. The 1.3 with 4 speed was the gutless thirsty wonder I was meaning them to avoid anyway.

Busy day and I had the Punto 1.4 on the brain.

Anyhow, pretty much lost on them given that Frank123 can't even see what's wrong with the link he posted.

tamarillo, Aug 3, 7:35am
To be fair that's exactly what happens, usually with rudeness.

kazbanz, Aug 3, 9:19am
holey cow a new record--12 blank spaces in a thread 48 posts long -whewee you guys do love to feed trolls.

puddleduck00, Aug 3, 4:53pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion hey. I'm not paying for your advice, so I expect to get a variety of views. It's a subjective topic. Even if incorrect advice is given, it's usually well intentioned.

golfdiver, Aug 3, 6:27pm
Whats the difference between a Fiat Punto and a sheep?
It's less embarrassing getting seen getting out of a sheep.

jmma, Aug 3, 6:37pm
:oP

golfdiver, Aug 3, 7:27pm
A better serve than Rafa Nadal

jmma, Aug 3, 7:30pm
Don't hold back ema1 lol