What is the cost of a "cambelt kit"?

Page 2 / 2
budgel, Jul 5, 12:06pm
I recently did my Audi A4 1800TQ. I purchased the parts from Rockauto and got a Continental brand kit for around half what it would cost in NZ shipping included.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 5, 12:58pm
Ahhh fair enough.

For what it's worth, my big M18 Rattle gun was well worth buying and I use it constantly (I forget the number but it's the biggest baddest 1/2 inch one they do). I have a lower output milwaukee that locks the sockets on and that is a pain. The bigger one has the Hogring? option which I love.
My Air rattle gun is a fancy Japanese one but I haven't used it in years now. Not showing off just trying to give you some context in terms of what alternatives I have to compare to.

Hope that's some help in case you reconsider down the track. I would totally do it again, was quite reasonable as I already had battery's charger etc.

What I would reconsider again is the Milwaukee electric ratchet. I think others have better designs. The battery is right where you want to grab for extra torque and it's just a bit too thick to fit in many places. I think the small impact drivers may be a better alternative, will buy one of those next.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 5, 12:58pm
I have used a lot of those and found them very good too even though continental are often one of the cheapest options.