Do they make a Fiat Stilo Abarth in manual ?

sw20, Aug 4, 5:57pm
Yes.

Is Google broken?

apollo11, Aug 4, 6:12pm
People are starting to recognise that the info they get from the motoring section of TM is going to be more accurate than Google, or any other source. Well done guys!

azzab54, Aug 4, 7:17pm
Mmmmmmmm they must be rare,does anyone know of one for sale in NZ ?

thejazzpianoma, Aug 4, 7:56pm
We got very few here in NZ. I think the only ones I have seen have all been 3 door versions too. I am finding they are getting pretty old now too.

Why not go for a Fiat Coupe? Then you can get the even better Turbo version of the same motor and in my opinion superior build quality and reliability. They are pretty much all manuals from what I have seen.

Also, consider going Punto Abarth, I actually prefer them for fun over the Stilo and again are much more forgiving as they vehicles age. Don't get me wrong, I love the Stilo Abarth but at 15 years old and with their level of sophistication and original sticker price you really want a minter to avoid headaches.

azzab54, Aug 5, 2:35pm
Thanks Jazz. i like the Punto Abarth too. But there arent many to choose from,but i will keep searching.

azzab54, Aug 5, 2:42pm
Also,do you know the bloke i think hes in Matamata that is a Fiat guru,he services and sells parts new and used ? I cant remeber his business name,i dealt with him years ago when i owned the 130 tc. Thanks.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 4:24pm
Do you mean Mal from Dino Enterprises in Cambridge?

azzab54, Aug 5, 5:17pm
Yep Thanks.

gsimpson, Aug 5, 9:09pm
The "auto" Stilo Abarth still uses a dry plate clutch and manual box. It just uses a hydraulic actuator to operate the clutch and selector mechanism. These are external to the box so not hard to work with.

supernova2, Aug 6, 12:01am
I just thought that anything with the Abarth tag would be manual.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abarth

thejazzpianoma, Aug 6, 9:23am
Nah, flappy paddle was THE thing for italian sports cars 20 years ago. Even though early ones were pretty rubbish. Selespeed was really that, flappy paddle, it had an auto mode but it wasn't really it's primary funciton. Not like the Dualogic which was reimagined and does auto very well.

supernova2, Aug 6, 11:42am
Depends on how you look at it I guess.
Flappy paddle is simply a sequential manual is it not?
Automatic to me means plonk it in drive and the car then does whatever it wants to do. Manual means the driver controls the change point.
Now this is a proper Abarth
http://www.teamabarth.co.nz/

the-lada-dude, Aug 6, 12:32pm
I may know this fella from 40 odd years ago ! . ask him if he replaced the engine and trans for an early model Honda civic and trans in a Fiat 500 Bambina . done at Tony Lynches place in Takapuna >>>>please

gsimpson, Oct 31, 12:45pm
The Stilo selespeed is more advanced than the early ones in that it is self calibrating so doesn't need the adjusting the early ones required. Being a single plate clutch it does a good job of matching the shaft speeds on the downshift when pressed. A clutch replacement is just like a conventional manual. It even has a diagnostic procedure to evaluate the clutch condition so you don't have to wait for slippage to realise it needs replacing.