BMW fires in South Korea

serf407, Aug 15, 9:29am

intrade, Aug 15, 10:04am
ok what it seems to be is the dpf doing a regen and the open faulty egr valve draws the fire like a gas ax in to the what i would say without looking the plastic intake . and woala fire.
So what they will do is if the egr is detecting a malfunction the car will go in limp mode 1500rpm and DPF light flashing till the fault is repaired.
Thats the only cheap fix to stop any fire . This will trigger limp mode on the slightest problem of a egr .
So your best bet is to just delete EGR be more nox but nox from diesel is not what causes global warming.
its burning down every tree in the rain forrest Who caused that to snowball in to irreversable rapid warming with more and more fire adding to more warming .

poppy62, Aug 15, 10:25am
Wonder why it's only Sth Korea with this issue. Must be a bad batch of DPF/EGR units, I suspect that the 27 cars that have this issue will be very close in serial numbers.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 15, 2:36pm
Possibly local conditions, large diesel market with lots of people trying to drive them in the city only?

intrade, Oct 25, 4:02pm
short trips . japan almost has no diesel . The only ones writing stuff in owner manuals are actuarly vw. you should see how many pages my nz new 07 passat has not to use bio-diesel Warning ! warning do not use bio diesel in every section.