I want to buy Jenolite Rust Remover

ena10, Oct 14, 4:01pm
Can you tell me where to buy Jenolite rust remover. I live in auckland.
Tried other products and repco, supercheap. They don't sell it.

mechnificent, Oct 14, 4:12pm
It should be available. it's just dilute Phosphoric acid I think.

Paint shops used to sell it.

Watyll paints put out some similar things, but better I'm told. Rust-kill, and rust-eater.

mechnificent, Oct 14, 4:13pm
Mitre ten sell the watyll products.

mechnificent, Oct 14, 4:19pm
Actually I should correct myself. The watyll products are not really similar. they are solvent based. but they do a similar job. They still wash up/off in water.
The eater is more aggressive.

whqqsh, Oct 14, 4:20pm
Ive got a litre bottle here that Ive only used a couple of spoonfuls & haven't touched again for years. You can have it if you want, am in Papatoetoe

gammelvind, Oct 14, 4:26pm
Haven’t seen it around for years, used to sell it. Now I sell plenty of Dinitrol RC800 brush on rust remover, but my most popular is the Dinitrol RC900 which comes only in aerosol. This is excellent being an epoxy and one of the few that will actually adhere to clean metal. Simply grind off the rust, spray on the rust killer to the rust that remains and then prime and paint.

You can buy it in Penrose.

kenw1, Oct 14, 5:08pm
Tergo rust killer is similar to Jenolite from memory.

lookoutas, Oct 14, 7:13pm
This would be your better option.
Jenolite needs a lot of afterwards cleaning & prep. It was all we had back through the 60's & 70's, but the new paint-over stuff is much better to use.
Unless there is a new Jenolite product with modern qualities.

Had to wait for the cob-webs to clear - Brinox is one of the products we use.

whqqsh, Oct 14, 7:46pm
its already been picked up. Lady was very happy with it & sounds like she's happy with previous use of it

snoopy221, Oct 14, 10:53pm
Ive got a litre bottle here that Ive only used a couple of spoonfuls & haven't touched again for years. You can have it if you want, am in Papatoetoe

whqqsh (641 641 positive feedback) 4:20 pm, S

WELL Done good to see we still have some REAL peeps on ere **ONYA Ron**
tick. **likes**-As ya Do

lookoutas, Dec 22, 5:46pm
Cheers.

Obviously the spider was still there.
Or should I claim a typo?

Naa - just getting older.