Rav 4 Vs Kia Sportage

granda1, Sep 4, 3:53pm
Any comments on these two

alfa13, Sep 4, 5:01pm
Kia Sportage

audi_s_ate, Sep 4, 5:18pm
cx-5

2sheddies, Sep 4, 5:23pm
I have a comment. Both utterly hideous vehicles. in my opinion.

supernova2, Sep 5, 11:20am
I prefer the Sportage/Tucson to the Rav. Might depend on which series/year though.

db.price, Sep 5, 8:51pm
Sportage -easy decision

bazfan, Sep 5, 10:07pm
Rav 4 - holds its value really well. Sportage looks a bit too strange

djrandomguy, Sep 5, 10:12pm
are we talking new or 2nd hand ?

granda1, Sep 6, 11:13am
Low mileage 2nd hand on both.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 6, 11:28am
My advice is to drive the Skoda options before settling on any of those. Also consider the spec, efficiency etc. Don't be put off by the Skoda's CC rating, it's well proven design doesn't need CC's for power or torque.

3tomany, Sep 6, 2:00pm
Neither will give any trouble and have reasonable resale so a safe buy, but honestly probably the two most ordinary suvs to drive.

granda1, Sep 6, 10:06pm
i realise they are not the top of the line, but all I want is a good safe vehicle that I can pack some gear in and still get around town while at weekends hitch my caravan onto. I will leave the high performance jobs to those who prefer the flashy ones, been there done that, to each their own, but thanks to all who answered.

ceebee2, Sep 7, 4:08pm
You might consider the Ssangyong Korando with the 2L and 6 speed auto.

3tomany, Sep 7, 6:48pm
If you are going to hook a caravan to a small suv make sure it has sway mitigation. How big is the caravan? Are you after 4x4? Maybe an escape would be better. Definitely a better car over all but also not bad for towing especially in diesel form. Diesel no good if you do short trips though.

3tomany, Sep 7, 6:52pm
Scroll down the page a little for escape
https://www.ford.co.nz/offers/?intcmp=hp-return-io

jmma, Sep 7, 7:08pm
Probably time to repeat the OP :oP

tamarillo, Oct 1, 6:40pm
Kia