7 seater.Mazda CX-9 or Kia Sorento?

xrayer, Sep 27, 7:58am
Would love to hear from people with either of these vehicles, what you like and don't like about them. Thanks.

golfdiver, Sep 27, 8:28am
We have a CX7 S . Not quite the same, but the 2.3 turbo has a lot of power, but is thirsty on fuel. Nicely appointed, but ours has 19 “ alloys. New Bridgestone tyres are over $500 each for it. Check out the size. The17” are cheaper
Not the quietest vehicle on the road

alfa13, Sep 27, 8:54am
On our 5th Sorento, have loved them all, can't fault anything. I think the Mazda would be great aswell as Hyundai sante fe. We have several Kia's in the family and keep buying them firstly because they are great value for money and we have never had an issue! Have 4 kia's on my drive right now and dad, sister and 3 in laws all have them ! But don't think you can go wrong with either choice, I'm sure once you drive them you will prefer one over the other or one shape over the other, not even sure of the price diff.

db.price, Sep 27, 9:21am
Check out the reviews on the CX9. They are neat to be great cars that are very quiet with a great engine (2.5l turbo) matched with a very good standard 6 speed auto.

We have just bought a CX 5 and love it. Mazda have come a long way in making their cars quiet and great to drive. The Sorento is meant to be good too but the styling and interior finish on the CX 9 will leave it for dead.

xrayer, Sep 27, 11:42am
Yes I have a CX-5 I love but need something a bit bigger now.

db.price, Sep 27, 1:11pm
Then the CX9 would be ideal with the bonus that you already know they make good cars. There was some good deals going on the Sorento with up to $10k off but not sure if that is still going.

I am sure that there will be someone along soon to push the Tiguan, Alteca or the Kodiac.

ceebee2, Oct 19, 9:59am
Hi
Seriously considering buying a Sportage EX. ? Thoughts

db.price, Dec 19, 5:54pm
Is that the $30k one?

The Sportage is a very good car also and that particular model is priced very very well.

I liked the Sportage but my wife didn't like the exterior styling which is a love or hate thing on the new Sportage