Reverse transmission

fxx99, Oct 27, 8:56pm
Can can handle reversing on the flat but any gradient the car really struggles. Is my transmission f'd and should I get rid of car ASAP or is it just something cars do ?
chrs

msigg, Oct 27, 9:04pm
change the trans oil, if mitsi and high k could be stuffed. take it to a transmission center. Depends how much the car is worth.

snoopy221, Oct 27, 9:17pm
Pedal cars DO do Just EXACTLY that.
Tis harder to pedal BACKWARDS.

AND.
With no make, year model and mileage GIVEN.
The crystal ball says

Pedal Car.
As it does.

m16d, Oct 27, 9:48pm
Turn around and go forwards. ?

serf407, Oct 27, 11:54pm
Depends on the car and reverse ratio the transmission the car has.Some transmission fixes cost very little if the solution is only a minor adjustment, if a common car with many quality replacement used trans from a dismantler/ parts importer then it should not be too much to swap in another trans.

intrade, Oct 28, 7:40am
if you get rid of it asap then we will have a post from the next guy .
Somone ripped me off my car seems o have poor reverse what should i do and how do i get my money back.

gph1961, Oct 28, 7:49am
tear a medium size branch from a tree and beat the vehicle

countrypete, Oct 28, 7:52am
Simplest reason is low oil in the transmission. If it's not a sealed transmission, run the car till it's warm, then with the engine running, check the trans dipstick. Chances are it will be low, and adding auto trans fluid might fix your problem.

gph1961, Oct 28, 8:01am
and if it does get a bigger branch

tmenz, Oct 28, 8:23am
What if it's a Nissan Leaf?

lookoutas, Oct 28, 10:40am
Transmission isn't even open yet, but you would be better off going forwards when it does.

mechnificent, Oct 28, 11:52am
What do you mean by "struggles" ?

Does the engine rev up as much as it usually does with a bit of throttle, but the car not move?
Or does it over rev?
Or does the engine struggle to get up to revs and sound like it's down on power?

mrfxit, Dec 11, 3:50pm
Perfect answer